All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Glad it turned out well.

Congrats! Glad yall found him.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Glad you got him Catscratch. When I saw the first pics of the blood trail this AM I thought you guys might be in for a long, disappointing day. Great job!

We need the autopsy report when you are done so we can all learn from the experience. Glad you guys could make the recovery.
Thanks for the help and encouragement guys. I didn't sleep well last night and was out of bed at 4:00am. Thought we were going to walk MILES today to find a coyote eaten deer. Turned out pretty well.

Turkey, he was a nasty mess. Stomach shot and probably intestines near the exit. Didn't see any cuts on the liver, but I didn't look close!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Congrats to your boy,shot was slightly angled back so that accounts for guts,I bet there was damage to the liver also

Loved the above story. Congrats!! This morning I saw 17. 15 doe and 2 small 8's. Most were seen between 9-10. Only heard a couple far off shots.

Glad you got him catscratch. Congrats to you and your son.

Congrats to your son Catscratch!

Wanted to say thanks for all the great and knowledgeable advice given to my son and I the other night (about his gut shot deer). It helped a ton to figure out what to do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nice job.. Sometimes it is almost more exciting to find the buck the second day... As you don't know the outcome

Saw 10-12 does this am all between 9 am - 1030 am.

Congratulations to you and your son catscratch.. What a great lesson in patience for a young hunter. Sounds to me like you both made some good decisions leading to a successful recovery. Nice deer too.

Seen 6 tonight. Small or no good shot.

Hoping to shoot a couple does tomorrow and spend Sunday cutting up deer.

Big congrats to your boy Catscratch! Well done.

Saw a big fat goose egg today ! Nothing

Pulled the plug on my SW Wi gun hunt and drove 5 hrs last night to the cabin. Now sitting with my favorite hunting buddy in the world, my son. We have a few does around but he won't shoot one of them. There are a couple little scrub bucks around but most bucks up here get shot as soon as they grow horns. Never the less we will have fun.