All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

My buddy's daughter got it done this AM. MO's thanksgiving weekend youth season.

011905f1dbbe5eebf5c20f66a4a4eed0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's one wide buck, congrats to her!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My buddy's daughter got it done this AM. MO's thanksgiving weekend youth season.

011905f1dbbe5eebf5c20f66a4a4eed0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Holy cow, Bill !! That's a beauty for the young lady to tag up. Love those WIDE ones. Shoulder mount for sure.

View attachment 11643
My 70 year old father's deer. Sorry for the bad picture... the last few years he's really nocked them down and I get the privilege of gutting them out for him.
Another great buck!
70 yr olds get a free pass when it comes cleaning things they shoot :)

Deer hunting has been really slow but I filled my IL inaugural lottery bobcat tag this morning. In search of good cat taxidermist.
9b362c01aeec1d4855c505c35cf03b7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have no first hand knowledge but Stu says that's some of the best tasting meat out there. Nice cat!

I have no first hand knowledge but Stu says that's some of the best tasting meat out there. Nice cat!
I can tell you one thing that cat stunk to the hills. Cat blood yuk. First one I have smelled but I would rather get gut shot deer blood on me than that again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is either a Least Weasel or short tail weasel I saw this morning.

That's cool. Looks like he has his snow coat on.

Or area they white all year long?

That's cool. Looks like he has his snow coat on.

Or area they white all year long?
From what I understand, most weasel in Wisconsin turn white in winter. ..I'm not sure about the pine marten. .long tail,short tail,and least weasels do.

This is either a Least Weasel or short tail weasel I saw this morning.

That's a cool looking critter!

Muzzle Loader season has started here. I really like ML as all the pretenders, wannabes, and idiots

I hunted this afternoon for 3 hours. Tried to be on lower marsh bedding before they moved into transition and then into the feeding areas. Saw nothing in bedding area transition and all of the movement was in upper woods and transition before the cut corn. Decided to leave the lower marsh stand and walk at closing back up to field edge and pre-feeding transition. Not one deer was sited on 30 acres of cut corn ... pretty amazing given our population.

The bucks are now still in rut mode as the 1st two bucks were scent checking bedding areas at 2:20 pm.

Towards closing heard two sets of shooting ... one was 3 shoots about 2 seconds apart, the bnext was 2 shots at 3 seconds apart. I think I need to look for ML that has a clip ... great that our DNR has created a program for cheaters ...

My son put a ml doe down today. Took out both lungs and heart. She still went 150 yards. Partitioned ml pills wont group past 100 yards.

What are your thoughts on Sabots?

Not live from the stand but close... wish I had kept filming as right after I stopped the fawn separated from the doe, and the fawn flirted by looking towards the buck just enough to stop the young buck from eating... he started a slow walk chase with a grunt or two before the doe playfully ran into the woods. Thinking the fawn must have been the doe's first and conceived quite late in last years season... other fawns visiting our place lost their spots months ago.

Not sure why I'm out here this morning. 3 inches overnight with a couple more to come.

32c8e11488cffdafd4aaa06532db91cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Not sure why I'm out here this morning. 3 inches overnight with a couple more to come.Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

You're out there for that view. Nothing like hunting in fresh snow.