Live from the stand thread

Here is mine from Sunday afternoon. Shot in waupaca county out of a 20 acre section of river bottom we leave alone all fall. Went for a slow walk towards a stand we have on the edge of it and he stood up out of his bed next to a doe and pounded him.
IMG_1368.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go Bueller !! Great buck. Happy for you to get a nice one. I think quite a few guys on this forum will see things take a turn for the better since we all plant plots, hard & soft mast trees, cover trees, shrubs, grasses, etc. It seems most guys are selective on what they shoot, too ( other than some guys who have low numbers ) - and that will only help. Congrats on a good season !!

Lots of nice bucks, great job guys!

Great job bueller. Beautiful deer. Really happy for you.

Not a live pic...but taken from one of my stands last night in howling winds. We got about 12 to 14 inches of snow on Sunday. Lots of new tracks and fresh scrapes appeared Monday. Saw a little forkhorn step out last night just before dark. It's an inside corner on an old field...scrape shows up every year under the big Ash tree center of pic...fairly young mixed deciduous forest with wild apples scattered through. The best thing is the access trail to this stand is blocked by a small ridge that covers 98% of my movement to the stand.

Airstrip_Stand.jpg

Badger, I'm going shoulder mount. This day has been a long time coming.

Yes Bill, it feels great to redeem myself from yesterday.

Bueller Congrats ..great buck! All of your hard work and patience have finally paid off, all the sweeter that you did it on your own property.

If you have a good taxidermist, they can repair that broken brow tine.

Hopefully you put that buck with it's head hanging on the rear tailgate, drive into town, and stop at every gas station & grocery store ... :)

Bueller Congrats ..great buck! All of your hard work and patience have finally paid off, all the sweeter that you did it on your own property.

If you have a good taxidermist, they can repair that broken brow tine.

Hopefully you put that buck with it's head hanging on the rear tailgate, drive into town, and stop at every gas station & grocery store ... :)

Like this guy! I am sitting in the parking lot of a grocery store in a very liberal tree hugging village. Can't imagine the looks this guy is getting. I am waiting for him to come out so I can get the story.
IMG_0914.JPG

Like this guy! I am sitting in the parking lot of a grocery store in a very liberal tree hugging village. Can't imagine the looks this guy is getting. I am waiting for him to come out so I can get the story.
View attachment 11626
Rut is still on. This guy came in chasing a couple does in 2' of snow. Young guy shot it, he couldnt have been happier that I congratulated him and asked him about it. Supprisingly the deer probably only went went 120 tops. Stud of a 2.5yo.

Back at it for the rest of the Wi gun hunt. Tonight I'm laying prone in wet grass watching a secluded cut corn field. It looks great but we will see what happens. The rain and mist ended here in SW Wi so I'm hoping they are hungry.

My spot looked good but nothing came out.

5748f8ab536e8569322680c7d3dc936d.jpg
9ae17dc1a3d444238c1ae1ff99693d13.jpg
2dd48ad907e4fb5aee1f84f4045b9871.jpg
fd3543dbc8cbcc6ec66a83207a9ec16f.jpg

Shot wasn't the greatest, little far back and a bad angle. The kid got excited and took the first available shot, we've probably all done it before. The deer went 40 yds and stood for several minutes, then bedded down until dark. At dark it got up and walked away. We waited a while and snuck up to its bed. Lots of blood in it and a good trail up to it. Didn't look hard but no blood leaving the bed. Some of the blood going to the trail looked frothy, any chance he hit a lung? The deer lived a long time after the shot and may still be alive. Not going to look anymore until morning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No arrow recovered?

No arrow recovered?
Passthrough, arrow stuck in the ground on the other side of him. Bloody and didn't stink (I'm not a good judge of oder though, just ask my wife!).

Leave him til the morning. If you didn't scared him getting down and he's going to die. He'll be close. 99% of the time.

Is that the arrow in flight pic 2 and 3?

Brite red blood looks like muscle blood but you never know.

Is that the arrow in flight pic 2 and 3?
Yes, that's the arrow.
He got up and walked away before we climbed down. He stumbled and almost fell before bedding. But he was bedded for an hour before getting up on his own and walking away.

To me that isnt a lot of blood if that is where he was bedded. I would also think that if it was a mortal wound he wouldnt have gotten up and walked off after lying down for awhile. You certainly need to take another look in the morning but I have a feeling that buck is probably still walking.