Wild Meadow Farm

Shawn, what do you use for tillage with your 1 series, tiller or a disc?

Do the deer have a trail somewhere along the crest of that ridge now? Or do they follow the edge of the wood line?

One trail on West end runs from the neighbors to the North up to the top ridge and that intersects a trail that runs right in the middle of that wood line before it drops down by the East side of the plot right where the is a big apple tree. *I have a rut stand right at that intersection below the bedding, one that is only hunted 1-2 times a year if at all.

Shawn, what do you use for tillage with your 1 series, tiller or a disc?

I have the JD 4ft tiller, no way would I want to disc up new fields with what was once old horse pasture with my size of tractor. I am no-spray on my farm so it requires a couple more passes as is.

One trail on West end runs from the neighbors to the North up to the top ridge and that intersects a trail that runs right in the middle of that wood line before it drops down by the East side of the plot right where the is a big apple tree. *I have a rut stand right at that intersection below the bedding, one that is only hunted 1-2 times a year if at all.
Given that fact, I would definitely leave it to see what affect the new plot has. Get your screening started nearest the field and hinge it in the future if need be.

I agree with holding off on any hinging

Nice looking country you have there, Shawn !! Good luck with the plots and cover work.

Looks like a beautiful place. Great pictures. A lot of nice work going on. Also looks like a lot of beautiful memories being made.