Creating pine bedding

turkeyhunter20

Yearling... With promise
Here’s another spot on my farm that I’m considering doing some work to. This one in particular is a ridge top about 60yds wide and 200yds long. It looks like this from one end to the other. 4-6” diameter pines with an occasional sweet gum. On one side is the property like which immediately turns into a dense thicket and the other side drops off immediately to a food plot on my property. I’m considering thinning these pines to get more sunlight to the ground and create better bedding on my side of the fence. Have you all seen benefit in felling pines and leaving them laying for horizontal structure or should i plan on dragging them out and having a bonfire. There are a couple sporadic beds throughout this but most of the deer are coming from across the fence. I attached an aerial for reference. Left side of the pines is the property line and the thicket the deer tend to come out of. I’ve got another island between food plots that is this same monoculture of pines with no browse at deer level im considering doing the same to.
07b02a09b5501463de975507ca9178c2.jpg

91926e232809cf3fa01a544417ead1ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk