Vari-slice seeder

Oleo

A good 3 year old buck
I’m considering buying a flip property, and this vari-slice seeder is included. I don’t have a seeder or drill, but I sure would like to have one. Is this one worth much? Do they work well? Would this be better for certain types of seed? Will it work well on ground that hasn’t been tilled?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9087.jpeg
    IMG_9087.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Probably a couple thousand.I have a versa drill by kasco.It's a min till drill.

Looks to be a 4' model with a large seed and a small seed box also. Looks to be a 4' model and can handle clovers, warm season grass, and WR, oats, soy beans, etc. A quick search shows a new 4' model at $12,650.

Using on untiled ground should be fine as it has cutting discs. If you can adjust angle of disc, you can adjust amount of tillage you will do.

Looks like a great item to be included assuming you have a tractor.

Thanks guys. There’s a mahendra tractor included as well - looks like it needs a little work.

I’ll probably put in an offer today. Wish me luck - looks like a fair amount of work to finish the barndominium project, but it has the best deer cover in the area. I think I can finish the project, do some habitat stuff, get some good Trail cam pics, and sell it turn key to the next guy.

Or fall in love with it and keep it

Digging up my own thread here. I bought the place I mentioned above. With that vari-slice seeder, would I still find this single row planter useful? I imagine I could only do corn through a row planter, right? What other crops would be better through that row planter? Could I do soy beans through either one?

Attachments

• IMG_9344.jpeg
    IMG_9344.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9343.jpeg
    IMG_9343.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 12
I’m more interested in hearing about the flip property!

I’m more interested in hearing about the flip property!
It’s about 40 acres with a 50x60 metal building. The previous owner had started finishing half of it. He had it framed and roughed in with about half of the drywall done. Sounded like he had some health issues and moved to town 15 years ago. He just left everything as it was and it all came with the property. Came with a 28hp tractor, that vari-slice seeder, a car trailer, generator, single row planter, and a bunch more stuff (including junk vehicles and scrap).

I’m planning to finish the interior project, clean up the property, do some habitat work, and get it ready for someone who wants a nice recreation place. Should be a great place when it’s done. Tons of cover for the area - I think there should be some good deer around.

You could plant corn or soybeans,will probably have to get different seed plates

You could plant corn or soybeans,will probably have to get different seed plates
I had a JD 71 planter which is the same thing as that AC planter unit shown.....but mine was a two row. I planted both corn and beans with the same plates but I did change the sprocket gearing from one to the other.

That vary slice seeder would do best with clovers brasica and other small seeds.......tho I suppose you could get a fair stand with beans if you get the seeds into the ground....or followed with a drag or ?? Some may depend on your dirt and moisture in the ground. I planted my beans and corn about 1.5" deep and always got great germination.

My 2 cents.