Who's working in the woods this weekend?

Have I mentioned how much I despise honey locust?20180930_122026.jpg15383288115493284143216305760535.jpg

Ouch, Locust trees are the mosquitoes of the tree world. Had a thorn in my knee once, dang near crippled me for a few days and left a knot for months.

They do the same to tractor,UTV tires

bill

Yep my UTV tires are full of slime. Just took another to the foot. Gonna have to dig a piece of this one out. Here is a small piece of what I am working on.15384172079251076030010838193401.jpg

Got out yesterday afternoon an got a jump on preparations for next year, ha.

Probably the earliest I've gotten out, usually wait till Feb but decided to heed the caution of many on here. Went out an took down all the lifelines on my stands. Loosened the straps on all the stands an changed out trail cam cards.

Made a quick scouting trip. Found a killer area to hang a stand, but am struggling to figure out the access part of the equation at moment.

Also, as a sidenote. I'm trying to be safer with the whole tree stand deal. But for the life of me am struggling a bit understanding the whole linemans belt thing. Understand the concept, but do you just unclip an reclip every time you encounter a branch??? Cause this tends to be a giant hassle an waste of time in the majority of the trees I have to choose from. Any info appreciated.

Took down 8 hedge and one elm tree. Only 200 more to go

Got out yesterday afternoon an got a jump on preparations for next year, ha.

Probably the earliest I've gotten out, usually wait till Feb but decided to heed the caution of many on here. Went out an took down all the lifelines on my stands. Loosened the straps on all the stands an changed out trail cam cards.

Made a quick scouting trip. Found a killer area to hang a stand, but am struggling to figure out the access part of the equation at moment.

Also, as a sidenote. I'm trying to be safer with the whole tree stand deal. But for the life of me am struggling a bit understanding the whole linemans belt thing. Understand the concept, but do you just unclip an reclip every time you encounter a branch??? Cause this tends to be a giant hassle an waste of time in the majority of the trees I have to choose from. Any info appreciated.
A linemen’s belt technically was made for poles not trees with limbs. I use mine to assist with hanging stands to free up my hands. But to answer your question yes you would have to unclip and reclip at every branch. The ideal would be to have 3 points of contact at all times. If you want to be ultra safe you would tie off your harness to something before you unhook the linemen belt, and after the linemen belt was connected again you would unhook your harness.

I am trading some firewood for some tractor work. Ive got wood down but need to get him some more.

Our Muzzleloader hunt ended last weekend. Deer hunting is done for the season. Time to cut some firewood, winden up trails and nock down some cedar browse. Plenty of dead White Spruce and Balsam, killed by Spruce Budworm, blocking trails.

two more days of bowhunting souther tier NY, can kill em here in NJ till mid feb, a long, long season here in NJ, need a big freezer. top that with liberal limits, heck, shoot two doe, call em in, shoot two more, call em in, ad-nauseum.

^^^^ Gotta get rid of those nasty Jersey deer so more strip malls and pavement can be put in their place. :emoji_thinking::emoji_astonished:

Worked from 10-3 today. Got about 2 acres worth of buckthorn cut and sprayed. Deffinitely not as fun as tsi, but satisfying none the less

One of 3 loads and I still have more to grab. Alot of btu right there!View attachment 22050

Love burning that yeller wood! Not crazy about the shower of sparks it throws when I open the door on the wood burner, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love burning that yeller wood! Not crazy about the shower of sparks it throws when I open the door on the wood burner, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It burns hotter than the fires of Hades though.

Tis chainsaw season

Anyone else getting out an stocking the wood pile for next winter?

20190115_154746.jpg

Will be out Sunday working on TSI and Monday will be cutting up dead elm for firewood. We don't have any snow on the ground but I doubt that will last all winter!

A little TSI, along with adding to firewood stock pile. Just the right amount of snow on the ground and cold enough for easy splitting.

I’m looking forward to unloading this new toy
42961ad1eb8a5822e79fcc37a364fb50.jpg
and making some firewood.

It’s going to be single digits outside but I might grab the saw and fell some trees off my fence lines also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Will be out Sat continuing to cut a path along the border on my lower 20.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk