Who is "popeyoung9" on QDMA?

Message sent to the mods.

I will NOT post or reply to anything with the QDMA here anymore - it seems to simply lead to people getting worked up.

No need to shut it down. He called out the site so I called him out. If he wants to explain anything further as to what he meant he can pm me. If he doesn't want to explain he can leave and the thread can go on. I've learned so much from the guys on this site and I will defend it as I see fit.

That's fine with me,I have only seen a half dozen posts about habitat in the last couple weeks.Since us QDMAers aren't the seasoned experts I will go back over.By the way Steve is the only one I have seen that is in the expert class.have a good one
WOW! I didn't say anything about "experts", didn't call anyone an "expert" in any of my posts, not even Steve, and he definitely more than qualifies in my book. My point was only that you aren't going to get massive threads on stuff like the use of specific cereal grain in certain situations, yadda, yadda, because most of the guys here have seen and done that and they know what works for them when it comes to things like that, because they have tested those type of things on there places for years, or they have already asked the question and had it answered. We have plenty of habitat and food plot related discussions on here as well, such as the "new clover" thread. New product, guys ask questions, discussion ensues, questions get answered, pretty simple. So unless a new plotter asks those questions, there will be minimal discussion on that kind of thing. If you have a question, ask it, I do! On this forum you will get great answers and many different viewpoints.

That's fine with me,I have only seen a half dozen posts about habitat in the last couple weeks.Since us QDMAers aren't the seasoned experts I will go back over.By the way Steve is the only one I have seen that is in the expert class.have a good one

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more. There are people on here that have forgotten more about shrubs, fruit trees, splicing, plant ID, what grows best in wet areas, what grows best in sand and a bunch more than I even pretend to know. I'm often humbled by the expertise here. Besides, one sure doesn't have to be viewed as an "expert" to have something of value to offer others. I've both learned a bunch here and gotten valuable different perspectives on more than a couple things I thought I knew.

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more. There are people on here that have forgotten more about shrubs, fruit trees, splicing, plant ID, what grows best in wet areas, what grows best in sand and a bunch more than I even pretend to know. I'm often humbled by the expertise here. Besides, one sure doesn't have to be viewed as an "expert" to have something of value to offer others. I've both learned a bunch here and gotten valuable different perspectives on more than a couple things I thought I knew.

You got everything form what Steve desbribes here to dumbasses like me asking dumbass questions. Its all over the map. And that is a good thing.

Let it get ugly. Screw that dbag. I have not been above freezing in over a month and the snow is waist deep. I need something to keep me going. The cuse is getting crushed, and the weather this week is more cold and more snow.
Go Duke.. By 20

Your right.....ain't nothin but a bunch of us hacks on here. If you want experts, better head on back to QDMA. They'll have you passing up 4.5 year old bucks in no time.

Let it get ugly. Screw that dbag. I have not been above freezing in over a month and the snow is waist deep. I need something to keep me going. The cuse is getting crushed, and the weather this week is more cold and more snow.
Worst game I've seen in a while...hanging my head.

Go Duke.. By 20
Eff duke....they are pretty d@mn good...and will be for a few years with the same team. We (cuse) have a great class coming in and some guys returning...we will be back to beating up on the ACC in no time!

It is possible to have QDM with out QDMA....HUGE difference between the two. One is not directly dependent on the other and vise versa. You can practice QDM without paying $30 bucks a year for 6 magazines, or volunteering with a branch. The QDMA does not have a monopoly on QDM. If you want to be a QDMA member then good for you...but many of us have seen thru the glossy print and pics and realized that the ulterior motives out weight the benefits of membership. Good luck to you on your quest for knowledge.

Duke will have a different team next year for sure. Not that they won't still be good. Just keep plugging in McDonald's all Americans.
They have 4frosh on the court this year and really only play 6 a game...Okefor is the only true stand out...because of the style of ball they play. They share well and spread the glory out well. They will have a good core of players from this class in the mix for years to come.

An "expert" is one that has a seemingly sound position on fact (also called "plausible").....and is located 30 miles from home. Hell.....even I qualify at times.....but so does Cliff Claven. ;)

There are not any dumb asses over here. We may do our best to appear to be so at times, though.

WRONG! My kids often tell me, "Quit acting dumb." I always tell them, "I'm not acting!"

It is possible to have QDM with out QDMA....HUGE difference between the two. One is not directly dependent on the other and vise versa. You can practice QDM without paying $30 bucks a year for 6 magazines, or volunteering with a branch. The QDMA does not have a monopoly on QDM. If you want to be a QDMA member then good for you...but many of us have seen thru the glossy print and pics and realized that the ulterior motives out weight the benefits of membership. Good luck to you on your quest for knowledge.
What are their ulterior motives? In my estimation, the QDMA has good goals, though not perfect, but it's the so called people that say they are practicing QDM that bastardise it. They are practicing TDM.

I tried to throw PY/NF a little rope. And I bet my assessment of the situation might have been close... :) I am not a big fan of dragging someone through the mud. I have firm stances on some subjects in the hunting forums, but what someone does in their personal life and how they support their families is off limits in my opinion. I don't know Matt, his family, or do I know PY/NF so I won't judge,l but I do appreciate both of their posts. I can tell you that myself and my nephews always look for PY posts as they are literally priceless sometimes. I think he is a great family guy and it shows that he truly loves deer hunting and his kids. I mean the guy is literally priceless in his posts!!!! I think Matt loves hunting and is very passionate about QDMA. I don't think I ever remember reading about his family??? PY/NF shares all kinds of stuff in my opinion are funny, honest, and no filter. Those are the best ones!!

I just tried to lighten the mood a bit with a dunk dial from my aunt. They are quite funny..... which have no filter.

I still support QDMA for it's activities involved with youth hunting. I am a firm believer that it is the future of the sport I so love. Not a big fan of how they handled the MDDI. But, within any organization there will be differences to which I don't agree with in whole so why I diversify my support.

What are their ulterior motives? In my estimation, the QDMA has good goals, though not perfect, but it's the so called people that say they are practicing QDM that bastardise it. They are practicing TDM.
The ulterior motives are their supreme commitment and dedication to the profit margin and not deer, habitat and deer hunters. As a local branch volunteer, branch board of directors member, and eventually a branch officer I saw this first hand.

If you're interested in further discussion shoot me a PM, after reading J-birds requests in his thread I probably shouldn't have stated any of this to begin with, so I'm cutting myself off....not trying to be deflective Maya, just trying to keep it civil. If you are interested in hearing more shoot me a PM.