What would you do?

BrushyPines

5 year old buck +
This year will be the latest I have ever planted for fall plots. I usually plant middle to end of September, depending on rain. I am in zone 7. It is looking like (weather wise) I won't be able to plant until sometime in October. Average first frost date for my area is November 1st. I usually plant PTT and radishes in my mix, but decided to throw in winfred forage this year too. Would you guys still plant the brassicas this late or save the seed for next year?

In zone 7 you probably have time to get some green forage going. The winfred brassica should survive some frost. Get some WR to supplement, it germinates down to 32 F and does well in the cold.

In zone 7 you probably have time to get some green forage going. The winfred brassica should survive some frost. Get some WR to supplement, it germinates down to 32 F and does well in the cold.
Yea I will be planting the rest of my mix regardless. The rest of the mix is WR, WW, CC and AWP. Just didnt know whether or not to plant the brassicas.

I think you should be fine! I just planted a small plot for my neighbor less than 2 weeks ago and it's already green with an annual clover, some pasja turnips and rye and I am close to the border of zones 5/6.

I would save the seed. I am in 7b and I planted turnip seed for myself this last week and I question if it is too late. You already have enough in your mix - brassicas arent going to make a difference. I used to plant everything - now only WW and clover - and have just as many deer as ever. A lot of the multi seeded mixes are more for the food plotter than the deer