What to do

BobinCt

5 year old buck +
My buddy had an overgrown hayfield cleared about 12 days ago by a dozer. Soil test came back great at 6.2 PH, CEC 10.7 and OM 13. My question is, there are obviously some weeds coming in now and I want to plant brassicas tomor bec rain is coming Wed. You think if I hit the field with Gly in the morning, waited a few hours for it to dry, came back broadcasted the seed then cultipacked it in, the gly would not affect my germination rate ? I’m a firm believe now after seeing one of the videos on here that Gly does change the germination rate when the seed gets sprayed by the Gly. I think WildThing posted the video by someone. I do have the option of light tillage but that is a lot more time consuming as I’d have to till 2x, pack, seed and pack again. I’m trying to avoid the tillage. I’m not against the tillage but I’m just short on time. I can always wait for another rain, but we know how that goes. Any input would be great. Thx

I wouldn’t be worried about seeding immediately after you spray roundup. Unless you’re spraying wet vegetation, the first spot sprayed should be dry by the time you start seeding there.

Reactions: 356
I think that is a sound idea. Once it's dry it can't harm anything but what it's on

I do what you are planning on doing all the time. Just make sure weeds are dry so seeds do not stick.

Seed it. Your plan is fine. Wild G is right the gly will be dry by the time you come back to seed later in the day if it is hot out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P.S. The smart part is behind you. You waited 12 days to do anything so some seeds could germinate and be terminated prior to cultivation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thx for your input guys.

IMG_8989.jpeg

IMG_9024.jpeg

Top is my seed and spray combination. Seed is definitely sprayed. Above is golden millet germination a few says after this process. Also have used with wheat. Not sure if germination is lower - but I do up the seeding rate

Swamp- does your plots come out good or spotty?

After having a dozer driving around the field I would till and plant. Plus the fact that almost everywhere around is to dry to get anything to germinate and grow anyway.