What did you get for Christmas?

My wife and I sold 278 acres in 2 parcels over the last 6 months ... I no longer have to be at the other property every weekend taking care of this, that , and the oh shits! Two sets of closings and etc.

A great present as I can spend 100% of my time at our new place ... :)

My wife and I sold 278 acres in 2 parcels over the last 6 months ... I no longer have to be at the other property every weekend taking care of this, that , and the oh shits! Two sets of closings and etc.

A great present as I can spend 100% of my time at our new place ... :)

I envy you. Being able to own several different properties is good. Actually fun at first.

Then you soon find out you're the grounds and maintenance guy all over the place.

I own 3 dewalt battery operated drills and there many miles apart.

Guess I shouldn't complain but someday I'd like to have them all together.

Darn grand children :).

My property and house are 10 minutes apart.... Still too far (or not close enough!)

-John

Owning 2 different properties is a pain until it's time to hunt!!!!

I envy you. Being able to own several different properties is good. Actually fun at first.

Then you soon find out you're the grounds and maintenance guy all over the place.

I own 3 dewalt battery operated drills and there many miles apart.

Guess I shouldn't complain but someday I'd like to have them all together.

Darn grand children :).

Someone asked me once "what is it like having a vacation property"?

I asked them if they owned a home and what that was like? They said yes and it is a lot of work, they needed somewhere to get away and relax.

I told them to multiply that by 2 ... then realize you spend the rest of the time preparing for and cleaning up after friends, family, relatives, etc. visit. :(

Someone asked me once "what is it like having a vacation property"?

I asked them if they owned a home and what that was like? They said yes and it is a lot of work, they needed somewhere to get away and relax.

I told them to multiply that by 2 ... then realize you spend the rest of the time preparing for and cleaning up after friends, family, relatives, etc. visit. :(
So true but I love it. We can sit at camp and see 1-2 cars go by all weekend. Now, adding the third property and it gets tricky. Not sure how much my wife is going to love going to camp only to see me over at the new place. She has promised to give me a year to get the plots and orchard in. I will pick my spots carefully.

Walk very lightly on tippy-toes on those eggshells ( wife's wishes ) Chummer !!! ;) Invite her over to help plant the apple trees - maybe give her a spot to plant some wildflowers at the new place. Good for her ..... good for attracting bees to pollinate. You never know what might happen when you get back to camp ..........:D

Skechers memory foam athletic shoes. Aaaaaahhhh....I never knew a man could be so happy with so little...........

Last edited:
Walk very lightly on tippy-toes on those eggshells ( wife's wishes ) Chummer !!! ;) Invite her over to help plant the apple trees - maybe give her a spot to plant some wildflowers at the new place. Good for her ..... good for attracting bees to pollinate. You never know what might happen when you get back to camp ..........:D
As supportive as my wife is with my "little hobby" she has zero interest in helping. She has a pretty stressful job and when we get to camp she goes into chill mode. I am the opposite, when I get there I have a million things I want to get done. I just give her the tour when I am done. She did help me gut and drag my deer this year for the first time. She has been talking about taking the hunters ed class before next year and we are getting our pistol permits together...baby steps. My kids are the real helpers but at age 10 and 6 they don't last long.

That's cool if she wants to get the hunter's ed and take up hunting/shooting. Kids are great to have get involved too. My oldest son helped me plant a batch of spruce when he was only 6 yrs. old ( 19 yrs. ago ! ) and he loved working in the dirt. Good luck with all that you & your family will be doing this spring / summer. I'm sure it'll be a blast !!