What colors are the dress?

West Branch

5 year old buck +
My wife showed me this picture of a dress, we see it as different colors :confused:.

BB WG.jpg

This dress has gone viral.

She probably sees summerwheat and white. I only see a pile of green.

Pretty much, she called it gold and white. I see black and blue.

Of course it is blue and black! What other color would it be? :D All over ESPN Sportscenter this a.m.

My wife and daughter argue this crap with me all the time, I tell them they need to get their eyes checked!:)

I would tell my wife I thought it was ugly and those horizontal stripes would make her hips look big. That thing would fly right back on the rack and it wouldn't matter if it was every color of the rainbow and then some.;) She very seldom buys stuff that I don't tell her looks good on her, so if I don't like it, usually she won't buy it.

Gold and White.

I just watched a show on Netflix about this last weekend. This is a similar but different example of light plays tricks on peoples eyes. It's been around for a while, but for anyone who hasn't seen it before these squares are the same color. Use your finger to cover the point where they meet at the horizon to see that they are the same color.

squares.jpg

There is a t.v show called "Brain Games". Covers the science behind all sorts of ways your brain interprets things.

Unless it has Kate Upton in it I don't care! Use the term "in" however you see fit.

the first pics i saw of that darn dress it was white and gold....but the one posted in this thread is blue and black. So now i've seen it both ways. Its just like if you look at a red object under red light it looks white, same thing with a blue object and blue light.

This dress has gone viral.
Since we are talking about things on the web going viral, did anyone see that Leonard Nimoy passed away this morning. It is a sad day on Vulcan! I really liked him when he was narrator of the In Search Of.. series in the late 70's and early 80's. I waited all week for it to come on. All these ghost chasers and Bigfoot hunters can thank Mr. Spock, he was the father and pioneer of that type of show. He was pretty good in the old Mission Impossible series as well.

Pick your battles with your wife. I'd say it's whatever color she wants it to be.

ok so here's an update....now the darn dress looks light blue and light brown to me....wtf.

I must need some sleep because I dont have a clue what this topic is even about.... I am missing something.... LOLLL

Put that bottle down! Oh wait that was BJE...;)
it could be me too....actually i have about an hour and half until i get to bend the elbow for a few....its been along week.

I must need some sleep because I dont have a clue what this topic is even about.... I am missing something.... LOLLL

Different people see it different colors due to the way their brains adjust for light in the picture as well as their current surroundings. Or something like that.

During the day today when the sun was shining through the window I saw it as white and gold. Now the sun is behind a tree and I see blue and black again, which is what I saw this morning.

Brain Games is the show that I watched last week on Netflix and Turkey Creek mentioned as well. I think the first episode talks about the visual stuff.

Gold and white to me

Gold and white all day. No black at all in THAT picture of the dress.

And all the talk about tipping one back makes me even more upset at my dog who broke the bottle of jack daniels fire that I had cooling on the porch last night :mad:

For people that see white and gold cover up the brighter light on the side of the image with your hands so you only see the dress.