Weather

Y'all can have it! Was 80 here yesterday and 78 right now. Bass and crappie are moving up in the skinny water so all is good on that front. Going to the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival Saturday for the first time and weather looks good with highs in the low 60's.

Y'all can have it! Was 80 here yesterday and 78 right now. Bass and crappie are moving up in the skinny water so all is good on that front. Going to the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival Saturday for the first time and weather looks good with highs in the low 60's.

Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ! 3 of my favorite things in life in one festival! Sounds awesome!

Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ! 3 of my favorite things in life in one festival! Sounds awesome!
Doubt they go far enough north for you, but here is a link with all the locations. If you ever do go, get the VIP tickets.

I know technically winter goes until March 22, but it could slow down a bit. We got another foot of snow last night and this morning. Expecting another 6” later this week, and below 0 tomorrow night.

I have over 3 feet of snow on the ground right now, and I have deer bedding anywhere I have plowed. They lay in the middle of my driveway, under my outdoor wood boiler shed, and the plowed path in between. I will drop a couple more trees for them this week, but after that they are on their own. They look healthy, and I have enough trees down for a couple years now, still needs to be bucked and split though.

The 10 day forcast calls for mostly highs in the 20-lower 30’s, and lows from below 0, to lower 20’s.

Stupid ground hog, he said 6 more weeks, not 6 more months!

Man, the very upper Midwest just can’t quite break the grip of ol’ man winter. Already record snowfall for the winter for lots of areas and now 12-18” forecasted for my area the next 2 days and another couple storms expected in the next 7-10 days. The deer started migrating back to my area around 4-10-23 and the few I’m seeing look rough. Deer are tough tough animals but late April snowstorms are absolute killers. Right when we absolutely need green-up, we’re getting dumped on. It stings, not gonna lie. I hope some anti hunter reads this and understands that most of us hunters and land managers and habitat guys care far more than most people about the health of all the animals that use our properties and we don’t do this just to shoot things and fill tags. If we take care of the animals, they will take care of us when needed. I don’t mind winter and snow but it starts wearing on a guy at the 5-6 month mark.

Attachments

• 5584E23F-6A18-4826-87E1-25AD3A6168EE.png
    5584E23F-6A18-4826-87E1-25AD3A6168EE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Man, the very upper Midwest just can’t quite break the grip of ol’ man winter. Already record snowfall for the winter for lots of areas and now 12-18” forecasted for my area the next 2 days and another couple storms expected in the next 7-10 days. The deer started migrating back to my area around 4-10-23 and the few I’m seeing look rough. Deer are tough tough animals but late April snowstorms are absolute killers. Right when we absolutely need green-up, we’re getting dumped on. It stings, not gonna lie. I hope some anti hunter reads this and understands that most of us hunters and land managers and habitat guys care far more than most people about the health of all the animals that use our properties and we don’t do this just to shoot things and fill tags. If we take care of the animals, they will take care of us when needed. I don’t mind winter and snow but it starts wearing on a guy at the 5-6 month mark.
Looking rough is an understatement!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, winter gets old after the first 7-8 months. I believe we broke the all time record for snow amount this year as well.

Why is it they can't predict rain to save their ass, but they can predict frost too the degree, hit 30 last night.....🤔20230422_141612_HDR.jpg

27 here when I got up. Probably lost my peach and pear crop. Now gotta decide if I should plant corn today or wait for warmer weather. Have a few farms in. Some guys are waiting and some are done. Time will tell who was right.

Yes, winter gets old after the first 7-8 months. I believe we broke the all time record for snow amount this year as well.
It seems like the REAL winter weather was mainly north of the southern tip of Lake Michigan this year. I hope all you folks locked in winter weather get thawed out soon.
Here in Pa., it was a really mild "winter." Our temps. averaged around 45 degrees, and only one snow of about 2 inches to shovel. No snow-blower use this past winter.

Mother Nature can be a complete mental case at times. We had 2 week of mostly mid 80s with strong winds and now we are back in the mid 60s for highs, and had light frost the last 2 nights. Time will tell if the frost hurt anything, but I think we might have stayed above 28 degrees both nights. I am all in on the 60 degree weather, lots of tree planting and grafting that needs to be done. Mid 80s with high winds is not where its at!

It seems like the REAL winter weather was mainly north of the southern tip of Lake Michigan this year. I hope all you folks locked in winter weather get thawed out soon.
Here in Pa., it was a really mild "winter." Our temps. averaged around 45 degrees, and only one snow of about 2 inches to shovel. No snow-blower use this past winter.

To be honest, this winter wasnt overly cold, in fact I think temps were either average, or a little above average, but we had early snow cover, and it was consistently heavy snowfalls all winter, and it hung around until just a couple weeks back. I can only remember about a week of -20's, compared to the winter before this last one, when we had several weeks in a row of -25 to -35, but less snow. Many areas in the north this winter had blown away the all time snow records. My area included. We had also blown away most consecutive days of snow cover of more then 3 inches of snow. I think we went from mid October through early April. Most snowfalls this year were 6-18 inches at a time, and at least one of them about every other week from December through Feb.

A couple weeks back we had a week of 80 degrees, and if we didnt, we would probably still have more then 3 inches of snow on the ground. A lot of lakes still have ice on them, but they arent safe to fish on anymore. It has been a long winter, and it keeps dragging on. The 10 day forecast is highs in the lower 40's to lower 50's, and lows in the lower 20's to 30's with snow in the forecast, this morning being 22. Winter hasnt left us yet.

We were in a pretty bad drought last summer and so far this spring it has been exceptionally dry for us also. I should be having sewer problems because of two much water but I have cracks in my lawn instead. If the rain doesn’t start soon many many farm ponds will be dry this summer.

It was 22 deg F here last night and they are predicting more snow tonight.

We were in a pretty bad drought last summer and so far this spring it has been exceptionally dry for us also. I should be having sewer problems because of two much water but I have cracks in my lawn instead. If the rain doesn’t start soon many many farm ponds will be dry this summer.
We were really dry last year as well, but this winter, and spring so far, everything is saturated. My lawn is about 1/3 under water. It doesnt help, I am in a low land.

It was almost 90 here a few weeks ago and last night and tonight we have frost warnings

It was almost 90 here a few weeks ago and last night and tonight we have frost warnings
right when most of my trees are fully blooming too...hoping that sunny south slope they are on helps out...

right when most of my trees are fully blooming too...hoping that sunny south slope they are on helps out...
Ya I just put a pic up of my plums actually have fruit set already. Hoping they don't freeze off. Wish I had some old sheets or something I could throw over them tonight.