Weather

One more storm and cold snap, then it gets to closer to normal (highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s) for NC PA and I am going to frost seed next week then put trees in the following...heres to hopin anyway...

For those of you who get warm weather and think there is global warming, just remember not everywhere is warm. The 10 day isn’t very promising either. Looking back on the daily temps, it was Christmas Eve since we last had 40 degrees. Yes, I have spring fever, and there is still 2 feet of snow on the ground, and not much will melt anytime soon.

5DBAA2A1-249E-495B-90D3-3F00B32CB6C1.jpeg

Hopefully we get a fast thaw and all that snow runs into my ponds. I did some cutting for deer beds a few weeks ago and am itching to get back out there. Some of the ROD I cut and put in a jar of water is getting leaves. Going to go cut some more and put it in pots of dirt. 4W if you still want some I am happy to share.

Chuck

We hit 72 over the weekend and now calling for snow on Wednesday.

We hit 72 over the weekend and now calling for snow on Wednesday.
i just hope that yo-yoing slows down...my new trees are not gonna like that much...

i just hope that yo-yoing slows down...my new trees are not gonna like that much...
Ya I always worry that the buds will break with the warm weather and then we get a freeze. My trees are all on the shade side of the hill and in a small hollow so it stays a lot cooler.

Common man do we really need to see pictures of your dog pooping?

75° today in WI. Nice weather to shoot the bow but it kind of sucks. Wishing it was 20° or more cooler.

75° today in WI. Nice weather to shoot the bow but it kind of sucks. Wishing it was 20° or more cooler.

It’s a yard work kind of day, and a Honey do list day.

I am not complaining, we were told 15+, we got about 7 total so far. It is nice fluffy snow as well, not the heavy crap we have been getting all year.
But it is the end of February and I do live in northern Wisconsin. But with the 12-18 inches that was on the ground, and that is now all hard packed, and frozen solid, to have another 7+ on top of that, will be hard on the deer here on out.

I have about 10 regular deer in my small food plot daily since I dropped several trees for them, but they have ate most of them. I will be dropping more as soon as I can, I just had sinus surgery last Thursday, so I need to take it easy for another week, then I will give them plenty of tree tops to eat. Just to get my firewood on the ground for next winter, before the sap flows up too much.

I am not complaining, we were told 15+, we got about 7 total so far. It is nice fluffy snow as well, not the heavy crap we have been getting all year.
But it is the end of February and I do live in northern Wisconsin. But with the 12-18 inches that was on the ground, and that is now all hard packed, and frozen solid, to have another 7+ on top of that, will be hard on the deer here on out.

I have about 10 regular deer in my small food plot daily since I dropped several trees for them, but they have ate most of them. I will be dropping more as soon as I can, I just had sinus surgery last Thursday, so I need to take it easy for another week, then I will give them plenty of tree tops to eat. Just to get my firewood on the ground for next winter, before the sap flows up too much.
We've had about 3" total all year in central PA and it's 70 deg today.

I’ve got 12’ drifts across my driveway and my tractor is not operating 😑 this is awful. Winter, go away! Even Perkins isn’t impressed!
57B5885A-0886-49AD-8A63-D1F6E8886FED.jpeg
The pheasants are glad to have a handout
694B1D70-A8CF-4B01-B4DF-6558C6510F96.jpeg

We've had about 3" total all year in central PA and it's 70 deg today.
sometimes I do love living in PA..been a sucky winter for ice fishing (though I am not complaining!!)

I typically like one good snow so I can take the boy sledding then I'm good with snow and cold for the year.
I like a solid 4-6" snow in about mid March to get those frost seeded clovers pushed in a bit but other than that I think the fewer snows the better...

I typically like one good snow so I can take the boy sledding then I'm good with snow and cold for the year.

Come on over and take what you want, I have easy access, and I will even load it for you, all the way around my driveway, 5-15 feet tall.