Weather

That's chilly. Negative 8 when I got up. Had the house set at 68 but bumped it to 69.

I had -27 this morning. I am kinda regretting not installing an outdoor wood boiler last summer. I guess I will be looking early spring. Last week I called to get my propane tank refilled, and they said they are only delivering 150 gallons max right now. They are expecting low supplies by spring. I was dumb and didnt lock into a price last summer, because I thought their price to lock into was high, I am regretting that now.

Love it when the weather people say it's Sunny, but cold. Darn right...Butt Cold!

At least it keeps the homeless population in check.

Interesting article

If it wasnt so windy today, it would feel almost balmy!

Wow, 100* degree difference going in and out. Makes my -2 kinda balmy

You can keep all those negative temps. We are supposed to be in the low 20's with wind chills in the single digits this weekend. Supposed to go to one of the swamps for the final weekend of waterfowl, but imagine they will be locked up with ice.

Yeah outside the temperature this yesterday morning was about 10° minus but the inside temperature by about 10 AM was 100 Plus degrees in the sunroom which we use for our dining living areas for the winter we have to keep the doors open to keep the temperatures not so warm even though outside the temperatures were below zero.. on the days when the sun is not out then heat from the furnace has to kick on otherwise zero heat for the 1300 Square foot room.

Attachments

• 79768072-EEB4-498A-AA5B-19BC131D8EFF.jpeg
    79768072-EEB4-498A-AA5B-19BC131D8EFF.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 32
Yeah outside the temperature this yesterday morning was about 10° minus but the inside temperature by about 10 AM was 100 Plus degrees in the sunroom which we use for our dining living areas for the winter we have to keep the doors open to keep the temperatures not so warm even though outside the temperatures were below zero.. on the days when the sun is not out then heat from the furnace has to kick on otherwise zero heat for the 1300 Square foot room.

Doesnt look like you guys have as much snow as normal this year?

-27 at the land, -14 at my house. You know it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't windy! Yesterday was a heatwave of 34, I was working outside in a T-shirt.

Correct there’s very very little snow right this minute it’s probably pushing 8 inches there are traveling easily but the ground is gonna be hard spent the last couple of days searching for apple trees still holding it was great to be able to walk without snow shoes.

Attachments

• 50C2E5D6-CF6C-4B34-ABC1-9F13728EDDC0.jpeg
    50C2E5D6-CF6C-4B34-ABC1-9F13728EDDC0.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 24
Looking at the 10 day this morning, and while there are still a couple night below 0, it looks as though temps will be climbing. Dare I say it has been not to bad of a winter? Ya, it may be a little early yet to make that prediction, but so far I think all my apple trees should survive this winter, and shouldn’t be too bad for the deer. I think the coldest we had here was -30, with several nights with -20’s. The regular deer visitors all look good and healthy yet.

Snow cover hasn’t been to bad, since Christmas we have had about a foot, give or take 6”. The deer have been able to dig down to get to my food plots for food. Assuming we don’t get dumped on by the end of February, my plan is to start dropping a bunch of trees for the deer to have some browse, and once the snow melts more, I will clean them up for firewood for next winter.

I guess the first 20+ degree day in a long time happened yesterday and it got me thinking about spring. I am sure Mother Nature isn’t ready to let go of winter yet, and temps, and snow depths can easily turn for the negative, but I have hopes, and I am making plans for spring.

I woke up to -27 this morning, probably won’t get above 0 today. No fresh snow or ice though. Just a few more days of cold temps, and it looks like we will have a warm spell.

We got a nice fresh coat of 16+ Inches of snow. Just to freshen things up a bit.

We sat on these chairs and grilled out on Sunday.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Supposed to be close to 80 in Atlanta today.

Supposed to be close to 80 in Atlanta today.
It is -20F right now. With a forecasted high of 16, but I have my doubts we will get to 16.