Vintage lever actions.

Wow

Sometimes the "buck fawns" get killed before they figure things out haha!

I've sold 2 rifles the past couple weeks and dropped them off at USPS myself, shipped to an FFL. In general I believe only long guns can be shipped and only through USPS by unlicensed folks sending to an FFL or themselves.

Heck of a collection @Angus 1895

I have no money because I can’t stop buying land, but I have to say you have a hell of a collection!

Land is a most excellent investment.

I realize now what firearms I like to use, these ones I listed would be better suited in tighter areas where 300 plus yards shots are not required.

doe 444 3.jpg
I can attest to the accuracy of the above mentioned 444s. This gun traveled across the US to my door, sighted in, and killed a deer within an hour of it's first hunt. She's deadly.

Well done!

How was the recoil with the ported barrel?

Was it the Hornaday FTX bullet you used?

Well done!

Wondering that myself. I can't take recoil very well after a car accident. Would like a .35 Rem version of the above.

Wondering that myself. I can't take recoil very well after a car accident. Would like a .35 Rem version of the above.
I am not aware of many 35 Remington with a Texan configuration.

I can shoot you a deal on a S/C pictured above or the R/C I sent you photos of that I bought from Tn Big Bore

Another option may be a 45/70 P and load it down , I bet the 444 could be loaded down also,

Personally I am going to load up a35 Rem 336 A . I think the longer barrel may get me velocities near the 356/ 358.

I have found the PASTE pad to be indispensable in my shooting.

Attachments

• 24C9F24A-6589-4139-85DC-58F03EA8D12A.jpeg
    24C9F24A-6589-4139-85DC-58F03EA8D12A.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
There was a limited run from Davidson's of the .35 Rem versions of the guide gun. Blued and stainless. Both are big bucks though.

There was a limited run from Davidson's of the .35 Rem versions of the guide gun. Blued and stainless. Both are big bucks though.
Jim brockman bent the tang on a 444 of mine to make it a Texan.

Brockman’s firearms gooding Idaho

Winchester 94
( Bore is shiny, serial number 1008xxx, strong action)
$1200

Your killing me here. send me a few more pics please.

Well done!

Like always when you shoot an animal, I didn't even think of the recoil. When sighting it in, it had enough punch to make you remember it. But shooting the deer, that was a distant memory. I tried to slow down and focus on squeezing the shot. It worked like a charm.

I wasn't using the FTX, I found a couple boxes of Superperformance soft point 265s. Those shot accurately and so I stuck with those. Ask the old gal on the receiving end of it if it was effective :D

Years ago, my favorite bullet for the 444 was the Hornady 265. Always accurate and worked perfectly on deer.

I like the hornaday FTX bullet!

It seems more “ stout” than the SST?

but I could be imagining it, I run the FTX quite a bit slower.

Ho ho ho!

These have got to go!

The
375, 444, 30/30 336 SC, and 35 Rem 336 A are SOLD ! ( SPF)

Thanks!

The Winchester model 94 eastern carbine 30/30 is SPF.

Big dumb question here. What does SPF mean? 😂

Sold Pending Funds

No one took that glenfield model 30. It's a marlin 336 with beech stock. Got a beautiful one in 30-30 from 1967. Doen't hunt often, but goes to the range alot. Used to have a youth stock for my wife when she hunted briefly. Shoots great.

Teeder, bad shoulder from car accident? I got a bad shoulder from several things including a tire going through my windshield at a race track Best gun I ever shot, early 80's remington 700 ADL in 270 win. A little less bullet weight with a decent amount of powder make a great medium to long range gun. The barrel of the rem 700 in low compared to the butt of the stock. Whcih keeps felt recoil low. The gun pushes more back and less up. The remington 700 was a borderline pig in weight. This gun is popular, so you could buy a spare stock and customize it to you liking. Put a recoil pad on, adjust the comb of the stock to your liking. Drill holes in the stock to put some lead in. There is also recoil reducing things you can put in a stock there days, beside plain old weight. Even loose lead shot loose in a tube, kind of like the reverse of a dead blow hammer. Maybe even mix some chunks of soft silicone or rubber n there too.

SKS is a excellent gun too. Very light recoil, has some weight, and bore is low compared to butt. Stocks are already short, so adding recoil pad makes it fit better and reduces hat recoil it has. Not a deer hunting machine, but I do bring it stalk hunting at times to the adirondacks with hornady vmax ammo, or hornady 123gr handloads I still have left. Forgot the line of spire point bullet. Worked good on deer though.

In warmer weather, or a heated blind? Buy a shooters jacket like the skeet n trap guys like. I got a oragne hunting jacket with a siliocne shoulder pad in it. Got a trap vest with shell pockets and the same kind of recoil pad too. Getting a gun fit to you personally can make a big difference too. Older guys with some extra buck would buy fancy over unders custom fitted. Can be done for a lot less with just a rifle stock.