Vernon County Wis Lease

Looks a bit pricey ($40 acre) but it is NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!!

I helped a buddy look into that, that guy is a tool. apparently he doesn't like to listen to anyone because he won't let u get a word in. Completely full of himself I guess

That's fairly typical price wise in that area, leasing is a relatively new thing down there. Not as prevalent as Buffalo Co for sure. As far as the guy being a dink, also not surprised, becasue MoLO is correct, someone will surely pay it, and put up with the guy. There is so little to lease down that way, that a guy will put up with it just to have a place to lease. It is slowly becoming more common in the area the last few years though.

That will definitely lease to someone with some spare coin. 3 guys to go out of state for a week will easily spend that money. It sounds like this may be for the whole season bow and gun. I have forwarded this on to my buddy who lives down there and he seemed interested and I agree with wiscwhip that is a typical price. Looks very huntable.

That will definitely lease to someone with some spare coin. 3 guys to go out of state for a week will easily spend that money. It sounds like this may be for the whole season bow and gun. I have forwarded this on to my buddy who lives down there and he seemed interested and I agree with wiscwhip that is a typical price. Looks very huntable.

For 3 guys for both bow & gun, with a heated 3 bunk huntin shack with electricity, that's about $26/day per guy. I don't know the area, but if the hunting is good, not a bad deal.

I would think that even though the price is "not negotiable", I'm betting that if the question was posed, a guy could get that lease for the spring turkey seasons as well for that price. I know that would be in the deal if I was leasing it. That area is loaded with turkeys as well as deer.

$40 an acre is usually a good deal on the Western side of the State as there is no shortage of guys looking to lease here.

I would agree Shawn, I don't know if I would call $40 a "good deal", but it is the going rate. I see it all the time on CL and in ads in the local papers. As a matter of fact, I seldom see them any cheaper, occasionally a large acreage for $30 an acre, but anything under 200 acres is usually at $40.

By comparison, Waupaca hardwoods is now $4-$5,000/acre and it ain't going down.

Buffalo Co prices right there! Great parcels can be had in Vernon Co for as cheap as $2,800 an acre for larger parcels with a high percentage of wooded ground.

Buffalo Co prices right there! Great parcels can be had in Vernon Co for as cheap as $2,800 an acre for larger parcels with a high percentage of wooded ground.

What is typical for a nice wooded farm with some tillable in Grant County?

I'm not real familiar with prices that far south of me. I never really look at land down there, frankly the high prevalence of CWD just east of that area turns me off personally. I do know they have some very good farm soils down there, so I'm sure you will be paying a premium for the tillable acres.

What is typical for a nice wooded farm with some tillable in Grant County?

Bwoods ... that combination unlikely to come on the market if there is a good amount of tillable.

Those properties will sell under the radar very quickly to a local farmer. If the local does not bite on the price, there will be a select group of buyers that a local realtor will leverage the price.

Tried to but a 340 acre parcel 2 years ago with 180 ag land and good hunting for the balance ... sold 24 hours after it was listed ... the seller offered to a local farmer, he balked at the price, then the seller listed it and got more from the same farmer .... I was one of 4 in line to offer ...