Uncatagorized.....things we see....

I don't have pictures because it happened in the late 80s but when I was stationed in the Philippines, my supervisor and I were heading down to Clark AB. Along the way we hit a chicken on the road. One thing they told us in the PI was to not stop if you hit a farm animal or you will be paying for generations of chickens or whatever you hit. So we continued on down to Clark for about 2 more hours. When we arrived we stopped at the NCO Club for lunch and the dang chicken was still in his grill and still alive. We let it go right there on base. Crazy how tough some animals are.

I don't have pictures because it happened in the late 80s but when I was stationed in the Philippines, my supervisor and I were heading down to Clark AB. Along the way we hit a chicken on the road. One thing they told us in the PI was to not stop if you hit a farm animal or you will be paying for generations of chickens or whatever you hit. So we continued on down to Clark for about 2 more hours. When we arrived we stopped at the NCO Club for lunch and the dang chicken was still in his grill and still alive. We let it go right there on base. Crazy how tough some animals are.

I was at Clark in the early 90s during the Pinatubo era. Interesting place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ What are we looking at Cat???? Are we at war with the sun?
Opposite direction Foggy. Big rock from space. Sonic boom and everything.

I was at Clark in the early 90s during the Pinatubo era. Interesting place.

I was up at Wallace AS. We had 7 coup attempts while I was there and 6 Typhoons. I was very happy to come back to the USA!!!!!!

Caught the feeder moving in the corner of my eye. Biggest humming bird I ever saw.
Once while hunting saw a cow come over a rise in the woods. For a split second my brain went "OMG! The biggest deer in the world!" 😄

(which then turned to "What the hell is a cow doing out in the woods?")

IMG_8367.jpg

Well my purple turnip plot is coming in nicely. Yeah, I think I put them in a little too thick. 😄

This is actually in my yard, 230 miles away from my "food plot". I had cleared off some leaves and thought "I wonder if they'll grow?" Since I had 1/2 acre's worth of seed and my "plot" is maybe 1/16th of an acre at best, I sprinkled some on the edge of my driveway. Apparently way too much. I should probably kill it now, or at least remove most of it, it's going to be a heck of a mess if I let them get full sized.

Was in Jersey for a couple days last week opening a new 40K sf office which is a nice change from what we have been doing. Got to the room late and got to see some decent deer out front.

^ That's my life. Home in the suburbs they're everywhere. Up where I hunt, if I SEE deer in a week of hunting it was a sucessful trip.
Last weekend I drove in to work for something, the 1 1/4 mile drive across the property I counted 43 deer.

Smaller bodies but big racks. Up were I hunt, no fields, no ag, little competition, little racks.

Last edited:
Went for Burgers with my wife and Brother in law last night. Dive bar with great food and cold beer called "Harpo's Bar" in Merriefield MN. Going in the back door....I saw this sign above a nice variety of plants someone has cared for.
tempImageysS6o1.jpg

Once while hunting saw a cow come over a rise in the woods. For a split second my brain went "OMG! The biggest deer in the world!" 😄

(which then turned to "What the hell is a cow doing out in the woods?")
I saw the silhouette of a cougar carrying a cub across the road. I thought it was a baboon for about an hour until my brain made sense if it.

Old St. Charles, MO. I don’t even know what to say… Gotta cleaver that tofu!
858b3e9060e2d23f6187e816b0bac583.jpg

I saw the silhouette of a cougar carrying a cub across the road. I thought it was a baboon for about an hour until my brain made sense if it.
Something woke me up in my tent one morning at sunrise. Laying on my back, I looked up over my head at saw a three plus foot tall shadow of a mountain lion on the wall of my tent!
(Oh sh't!) My heart nearly jumped out of my chest. Slowly, quietly reaching around, fumbling along side of my sleeping bag trying to find my revolver. After what seemed like an eternity, it got small!?
(as the house cat walked closer, reached out and touched the side of my tent again, which it must have done to wake me up)

Last edited: