Uncatagorized.....things we see....

I did a bit of backcountry stuff too in my youth. This is a trip to the peak of Snæfellsjökull in Iceland in the 90s. This was a Summer glacier trek.

f58bed06eea4f2a9d253c33633a63223.jpeg

2c14fe5e8051b3cd8e5d0deac2ae4152.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Little tele action

On the theme of another life, fly fishing was my life prior to farms. It was all I thought about and did with my time pre-kid. It wasn’t just trout, but trout definitely occupied most of my attention. I always said, trout don’t live in ugly places!
Sorry about the photo dump, it’s too hot to do anything outside so I was scrolling through the album!
IMG_0358.jpegIMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1091.jpeg
IMG_1092.jpegIMG_0719.jpeg

On the theme of another life, fly fishing was my life prior to farms. It was all I thought about and did with my time pre-kid. It wasn’t just trout, but trout definitely occupied most of my attention. I always said, trout don’t live in ugly places!
Sorry about the photo dump, it’s too hot to do anything outside so I was scrolling through the album!
View attachment 65810View attachment 65811
View attachment 65813
View attachment 65814View attachment 65815

You have a pretty dedicated photographer too!

She does good! If it were my wife, she’d make sure my gut was hanging out and you could see all 4 chins…

At least she's taking your picture! I don't think my wife has ever taken a pic of me

Couple neat scenery pics of my kids.

My boys trout fishing in Montana
IMG_7845.jpeg

My youngest elk hunting Colorado
IMG_7847.jpeg

My daughter enjoying the Caribbean
IMG_7846.jpeg

I would hate myself if I didn’t encourage you all to visit Yosemite. Despite being in California, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! We went a couple years ago.
828c962053057d747d7c72d8e97137c1.jpg

33519eb00e24f63363dd8b89b2cc45fe.jpg

This is not something I "saw" but rather something I learned today......and thought I should pass it along. Was using my new Master 50 gallon UTV sprayer today to spot spray a bunch of thistle and mullen that I get each year. Thing were going along well....and then I noticed the pump was getting slow to prime and finally would not prime at all. Checked hoses and the filter.....and all was good. Called to Master Mfg and almost immediately I got a tech on the other end of the line. Described the issue and she said to look for an air leak (did that) and then if I could get the intake hose from the tank........to hook up a garden hose to it......and pressure flush the pump with water. If I still had a problem to call back. Pushed the garden hose connection into the intake hose and turned on the pump and water supply. Bingo! Pumped again like a dream. Evidently a piece of plastic from manufacturing or maybe my well grit fouled the pump.

Thought this could be a solution for someone else.
Good info. You should post this in the sprayer thread.

Also, the pump seals can dry out, and not want to prime. A support rep mentioned that you can also try putting a small amount of oil into the pump intake to help with that.

You all have been to some sweet places and taken some great pics!

The wife and I absolutely love to travel. My little brother lives in Portland so we have hit the pacific NW many times.
We don’t particularly care for the bigger cities with the exception of Vancouver Oregon and Seattle for short visits.
The scenery is definitely best getting out and driving the wheels off a rental car. The Oregon coast and Northern California are spectacular.
Everything out there looks like a postcard.
IMG_7855.jpeg

IMG_7854.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

I was on the golf Course today......and forgot to take a picture. Lots of oak trees on the course.....and LOtS of acorns are dropping. Not any big one....but thousands of little acorns everywhere......and I bet none are over 1/2" in diameter (many smaller). Anyone else see this??

The white oak next to my garage is starting to drop a bunch of tiny 1/4-1/2 inch ones. Figured it’s just a reaction/stress to the record heat we had a week or so ago. The cucumber magnolias are also dropping their fruits earlier than usual for this reason.

Got a persimmon in front of my house dropping

35,000 deer / year accidents? Yowsa!

Our oak in our yard is doing the same thing. Could it be too much rain? We've had an insane amount of rain in Wisconsin this year so far.