Uncatagorized.....things we see....

I noticed small pears dropping as well.

35,000 deer / year accidents? Yowsa!

I bet 94 between Hudson and Eau Claire is very similar. I see dead deer on that stretch every time I drive it no matter what time of year.

I bet 94 between Hudson and Eau Claire is very similar. I see dead deer on that stretch every time I drive it no matter what time of year.
A person would think that a high fence in these areas would help allot. OTOH.....if a deer goes around the high fence....then in effect he is "penned" into the highway.

A person would think that a high fence in these areas would help allot. OTOH.....if a deer goes around the high fence....then in effect he is "penned" into the highway.
Its weird. They are re-doing HWY 53 up here and they replaced the woven wire fence on both sides of the road. Thing is, the fence is only 4' high (might be 5') Does that make sense or does somebodies brother own a fence company?

Its weird. They are re-doing HWY 53 up here and they replaced the woven wire fence on both sides of the road. Thing is, the fence is only 4' high (might be 5') Does that make sense or does somebodies brother own a fence company?
I suppose it will keep pets, some small game and children from wandering onto the road......and it may tend to re-direct some deer? Could just as well be a three footer. Not sure there is much recent thought in fencing.

In Muskegon they put up a turtle fence about 3 feet high to block migrating turtles from crossing the highway on us 31 on a solid half mile stretch

that happens here a lot with soundwalls along the highways. They get trapped and freak out and run back and forth across the highway.

In Muskegon they put up a turtle fence about 3 feet high to block migrating turtles from crossing the highway on us 31 on a solid half mile stretch
Not very many things piss me off more than seeing a dead turtle on the road, especially a snapper. You can't miss a turtle? Really? Especially knowing most of them are females looking to lay eggs.

Not very many things piss me off more than seeing a dead turtle on the road, especially a snapper. You can't miss a turtle? Really? Especially knowing most of them are females looking to lay eggs.

I can't tell you how many times I have stopped to move a turtle across the road before some idiot runs them over.

Just ran onto this while on Facebook. May make a good little shop trailer for the right guy? Or, convert it to a cabin? Price seems right. '

There are several people killed every year due to getting out and moving turtles.I have always heard they are nest predators. I need to research some more

Check out this bear.

So....A while back, I had a rant on the lower link pins as found on my RTP Goliath roller crimper. The problem is that their is no way (I could find) to use a category 1 attachment with the pins furnished without possible loss of the pins due to the hairpin retention means that they provide. I had lost the hairpins twice with this silly arrangement.....so I decided I needed to fix this before I caused some damage to my tractor or the implement. I found some shoulder bushings on McMaster Carr that convert one side of each pin from cat 2 to a cat 1 size. The other side is cat 1. Thus I was able to install a bolt of the proper cat 1 diameter and solve the problem. I use PAT'S lower links....so the bolt does not need to be removed or installed to hook up the implement. Problem solved.
tempImagedjHDKa.jpg

tempImageLtLCZk.jpg

tempImagePX7S9n.jpg
I've been writing the message above on my reciepts lately. I figure that maybe a few young people may take notice and perhaps gain a vote or two? Worth a shot.

NSP power plant in Ashland burns wood in its boilers. One huge pile.20240801_102743.jpg20240801_102735.jpg

Attachments

• 20240801_102754.jpg
    20240801_102754.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 6
Food for thought.....or....words to argue about?

Food for thought.....or....words to argue about?

I don't think he's saying anything controversial. His read on the global market is very much in line with everything I have been hearing.

Last edited: