Uncatagorized.....things we see....

I drive a Honda Ridgeline on a daily basis. It's in the body shop to repair a hit and run parking lot dent by some creep that didn't have the nerve to own up to his idiocy. While my Ridgeline is hardly a "truck".....it serves my needs well as a daily driver and hauls what I need to haul.

Anyway.....my insurance is covering most of this (bumper / fender) damage as well as a rental vehicle. They were out of cars as it's "high-season" here in the lakes country..... but were willing to provide me with a Ford Super Duty 3/4 ton pickup with four door and a long box. Big sucker for sure. I figured I could live with it for a few days....and considered I could use it to haul my tractor as I need the 400 hour service. Kubota would loan me a trailer to haul my tractor but would not furnish a drawbar and a 2 5/16" ball to pull their trailer. That would cost me more than having them pick up and deliver my tractor so......I let them do it.

Anyway, while I hate to bash another brand......I cannot wait to give it back. I hate this vehicle. Huge to get into via side steps....and you gotta trip over your own feet to climb aboard......then cramped when your sitting behind the wheel. Seating does not adjust to fit my body. Ugh.

The steering wheel is "chunky" as are all the knobs, switches and buttons. Which are way to many and confusing to say the least. Nothing operates similar to my Honda or other GM vehicles, my Jeep or even a Hyundai that we keep in OZ. The ergonomics are simply bad to my way of doing things. I've driven lots of trucks including some larger ones......but this thing is a muthah to drive.

I suppose we all have likes and dislikes in vehicles......this Ford is much like Toyota to me......and nothing is intuitive in design or layout. I have gotten about 1/2 the mileage I get out of my Ridgeline and none of the comfortable ride or pleasing ergonomics. It's not fun to herd it down the road. Rough riding sucker for sure......and even spins the wheels on gravel from a dead stop and little hill in front to tackle. ?? Really ???

OK. Rant over. I'm sure other folks feel the same was about GM or Honda's. Did I mention I hate this thing. Tuesday won't come soon enough for me.

You're use to a "ladies" truck! J/K....
I prefer to call it a "Gentleman's truck". lol

It's not like it's a Subaru for crying out loud!

Last edited:
Old St. Charles, MO. I don’t even know what to say… Gotta cleaver that tofu!
858b3e9060e2d23f6187e816b0bac583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's like the winery in Cali that I've been having fits with, trying to get a few bottles ordered and shipped as gifts to my brother and his wife. They've been there and like the wine. They advertise as being 100% vegan wine. I'm like wtf does that mean?? Is there some awesome steak flavored wine I've been missing out on?? Isn't all wine "vegan"?

We were in the state of Washington for vacation and driving to one of the many trailheads when we were within an inch of hitting a peacock!

It's like the winery in Cali that I've been having fits with, trying to get a few bottles ordered and shipped as gifts to my brother and his wife. They've been there and like the wine. They advertise as being 100% vegan wine. I'm like wtf does that mean?? Is there some awesome steak flavored wine I've been missing out on?? Isn't all wine "vegan"?
Same with the folks just outside Zion NP selling "organic firewood."

When I was selling lumber quite a bit in Colorado I had to call it “reclaimed” or “salvaged” and come up with a looney tunes back story for some customers it was ridiculous.

Same with the folks just outside Zion NP selling "organic firewood."
People do that around here but its a joke. Another good one is organic maple syrup. WTH?

People do that around here but its a joke. Another good one is organic maple syrup. WTH?
I remember my aunt had some inorganic vegetables on a table in the 1980s. I think they are just as good today as they were then.
1725034563690.png

Made a trip to WalMart and saw this deal on blinds. Good price on a decent box blind and steel stand. Did Muddy ever fix their roof issues?
tempImagel0Icx3.jpgtempImageE8Nb19.jpg

$700 such a small amount of metal is laughable. Shame on them.

$700 such a small amount of metal is laughable. Shame on them.
I thought that tower price was pretty good. Have you priced steel lately? Also, there is fabrication, welding, bolts, paint, freight, etc. ......or the price on a Redneck tower. (not shown are the pins, and ladder to complete the "tower".

Made a trip to WalMart and saw this deal on blinds. Good price on a decent box blind and steel stand. Did Muddy ever fix their roof issues?
View attachment 68581View attachment 68582
Any chance they have something a little younger and not dressed in purple?

I thought that tower price was pretty good. Have you priced steel lately? Also, there is fabrication, welding, bolts, paint, freight, etc. ......or the price on a Redneck tower. (not shown are the pins, and ladder to complete the "tower".

I have priced (purchased) a 17' two man tree stand which was less than half that. There's not twice the product in that stand.

(and we both know comparing Muddy prices and products to Redneck is silly lol)

I have priced (purchased) a 17' two man tree stand which was less than half that. There's not twice the product in that stand.

(and we both know comparing Muddy prices and products to Redneck is silly lol)
Yeah.....I suppose. I have three Redneck blinds on 10' towers. They do cost some for sure......but I have found them to perform well for us. Lots of good features that make them the best in the biz. I really appreciate opening up a Redneck blind and finding it pretty clean and no mice or mouse nest to clean out....etc. Some things just seem worth the price.

I’m impressed WalMart sells Muddy!

I’m impressed WalMart sells Muddy!

I think the early Muddy blinds had some problems with the roofs not able to support a snow load....and they collapsed. I never owned one.....and only heard of this issue......so I could be off base here. But, it does seem to me they ruined their introduction to the market....at least in this area. I suppose they corrected their ways now....and the products are better than the past......but I have not heard one way or another. Anyone got some insight on these blinds? .....and their current durability? Lots of plastic extrusions used.....but the windows look to seal well and the materials looked good to me upon quick inspection. Just no experience by me.

Prices are "right" in today's times.....IMO. I think I would like a 4x4 gunner on a 5 foot high tower....as it would be easy to quickly "plop" one of these anywhere you wanted to hunt in minutes (using the tractor loader and forks).

I have a couple Rednecks and have a hard time going anywhere else. Seems it would be a downgrade, but like you I have no experience. I did put my last one on a 5’ tower and I think I prefer it to the 10 in most instances. Handy and easy to move if I needed to.

I have a couple Rednecks and have a hard time going anywhere else. Seems it would be a downgrade, but like you I have no experience. I did put my last one on a 5’ tower and I think I prefer it to the 10 in most instances. Handy and easy to move if I needed to.

As long as the Amish guy near me keeps making boxes I'm with him. Never even find a single fly in his boxes. My redneck is a mess.

Hard to find a decent blind for low $$ that has decent seals on all the windows and door. Also, the tempered glass and good sound deadening has lots of value to me. Each year I spend a few hours trying to clean out our other wooden binds from mice and bugs....while the Redneck's are quite good. (not perfect....but very good). I appreciate quality made stuff.....and I like owning these Redneck products. I am not opposed to other brands.....but so far.....nothing comes close to the features and benefits (and longevity) for the buck.