Tractor and Equipment

^ Add says 53 - 54 8n. But they stopped making the 8n in 52......IIRC. Looks like a good package for the right guy. Easy to do it all at one time.

PooF......instant food plot / habitat management set-up with decent equipment (?). http://brainerd.craigslist.org/grd/5114336338.html

Quick math would tell me that the implements are worth $2000 and the loader about $1500......so the tractor is about - $4000 value. Not too bad for fairly modern plotting tractor with much of the "right stuff".....IMO

If this was my budget......I think I would be all over this rig (pending a test drive).

Last edited:
Those 656's are great tractors, I've been driving them(or their bigger brothers all the way up to a 1586) since I was in my teens when I was helping farmers every weekend. Still tons of them in use around our area(we've got a good number of "red" tractor guys here). Given all the stuff that comes with it, that seems like a pretty good deal if it is sound mechanically.

Those 656's are great tractors, I've been driving them(or their bigger brothers all the way up to a 1586) since I was in my teens when I was helping farmers every weekend. Still tons of them in use around our area(we've got a good number of "red" tractor guys here). Given all the stuff that comes with it, that seems like a pretty good deal if it is sound mechanically.

I agree that tractor looks pretty good. Looks a lot nicer than some listed for similar prices and slightly higher. Tractors we have at the farm include 666, 1066, and 1086. Also a 2+2 3588. My brother bought 140hp JD last year from the 1990s, don't remember the model #, but its the first "big" green tractor on the farm. My dad had one or two small ones over the years.

I agree that tractor looks pretty good. Looks a lot nicer than some listed for similar prices and slightly higher. Tractors we have at the farm include 666, 1066, and 1086. Also a 2+2 3588. My brother bought 140hp JD last year from the 1990s, don't remember the model #, but its the first "big" green tractor on the farm. My dad had one or two small ones over the years.
I have driven all of those "red" models you have mentioned(accept the 3588), WB. My favorite has to be the 1086, tons of "snort" for a tractor that size. I have driven a Steiger ST-450 down the road from one farm to another(never doing actual "work"), which is somewhat similar to the 3588, but at 470hp, it is on a whole different level!:eek:

I have driven all of those "red" models you have mentioned(accept the 3588), WB. My favorite has to be the 1086, tons of "snort" for a tractor that size. I have driven a Steiger ST-450 down the road from one farm to another(never doing actual "work"), which is somewhat similar to the 3588, but at 470hp, it is on a whole different level!:eek:

My brother spent the past 4 years doing custom harvesting with brand new red equipment, not quite as exciting back at the home farm but I think he feels good to be running his own operation now. They ran 6 combines with 40 foot heads (added a couple 45 foot for 2015 I heard). I don't remember for sure, but they harvested something like 60k+ acres at least 6 different crops, not counting the different varieties of wheat. This pic is when they were taking there last swath of wheat from a big farm in SD (15k+ acres of wheat), might as well line up for a pretty picture :D.

10356027_1674564766102928_761754327721768624_n.jpg

That ^^^ is crazy. Ain't no dinking around there! Git-R-Dun!

Crazy how fast they take fields out.

We were hunting in ND last fall, and quite interesting to watch them swoop in with all the equipment and then gone in no time to the next field.

They say time is money.

They say time is money.
Some People also say they have more time than money

Not when it comes to cashing in on a good price at the co-op before the buy order is filled by your neighbors. :)

Some People also say they have more time than money
Not the guys in the above pic, those guys definitely have more money than time, especially if they are upgrading to wider combine heads than what they are already using on those things!

A couple different farms they harvested for had over 500k bushels of grain storage. Here are some youtube videos they did the last couple years:

Bear in the corn at about 3:55