Tingley Boots?

Tap

5 year old buck +
Has anyone tried these boots? I'm sick of $120 "good" boots going bad every other year so I bought a pair of these for $40. They are so lightweight on the feet that it's literally like there's nothing on my feet...no exaggeration.
They remind me of the same material that Crocks are made from, and I can't seem to wear-out a pair of Crocks.
I planned to just use them for farm work and stuff...not for hunting, but maybe these would be good warm weather boots for hunting (and they don't have that chemical/rubber smell, either.)
20170515_095603_resized.jpg

Haven't seen those on 30 years. Tingley's were all we ever used as kids mucking stalls. Don't know if their built the same but yes back then I hunted in them. Good for warm weather. Where did you find them? They were always in the local farm stores but now all I see is Muck boots.

I got them at Locust Grove Country Store in Apollo, Pa. Great store.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like the tingleys I am used to. My dad has always used tingleys rubber over boots over his Redwing work boots anytime is it wet or going to the barn. I never liked putting those on and taking them off. They eventually tear.

These look like what I'd call a rubber gum boot. Like a Muck boot but unlined and minimal insole? I have narrow feet so those don't work well for me. I got terrible blisters from those when I was about 5 years old playing in the snow when my socks slid down and my heels rubbed.

I don't know about the boot, but would you like to sell that crock?
Well, I do know about Tingley boots, but not the modern variety. Its all we wore on the dairy. Might get a year out of a pair. These were over the shoot boots.

Doesn't look like the tingleys I am used to. My dad has always used tingleys rubber over boots over his Redwing work boots anytime is it wet or going to the barn. I never liked putting those on and taking them off. They eventually tear.

These look like what I'd call a rubber gum boot. Like a Muck boot but unlined and minimal insole? I have narrow feet so those don't work well for me. I got terrible blisters from those when I was about 5 years old playing in the snow when my socks slid down and my heels rubbed.

These are definately not what you describe. These are not an over-boot and not gum rubber. Seems to be made from the exact same material that Crocks are made from. Crock shoes are just about indestructible, but I wonder how that material will work for a boot? And they slip on and off very easily, but socks with good elastic seem to be needed. I tried worn-out socks yesterday, and they did slide down a lot, but good socks were okay.
As with all my boots, I slipped in a pair of Superfeet Insoles. Those things make any shoe better. I love Superfeet.

I don't know about the boot, but would you like to sell that crock?
Well, I do know about Tingley boots, but not the modern variety. Its all we wore on the dairy. Might get a year out of a pair. These were over the shoot boots.
Make me an offer on the crock:emoji_grin:
These boots must be different that the old style Tinsley boots. So far, I really like them for the price. We'll see.
I just looked at the Tingley website and they have a ton of different models, so this exact model is probably not what some of you guys used years ago.
There were only 7 reviews, but 6 of them were 5 stars. The only 1 star review was due to the fit. Mine fit ME fine. Their website also prices them at $52. I got mine for $39.95.
These might end up being great boots for food plotting, etc. If that's the case, then I'm sure they will be discontinued (happens all the time).
http://www.tingleyrubber.com/p/airg...pp=96&sort_selection=recommended#ReviewHeader

Never heard of them, always looking for a better boot.

I would never admit to wearing crocks. Doesn't that require you turn in your man card?

J/k

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was just wearing crocks a little while ago. I slipped them on to go dispose of the groundhog that I shot in the yard. Can I have my card back?

Btw, I've worn the Tingley's 3 days now. 1st day cutting up a hickory tree, and the last 2 days spreading fertilizer, then seed. I'm really liking them so far. If they turn out to be durable, then they're the ticket.

I was just wearing crocks a little while ago. I slipped them on to go dispose of the groundhog that I shot in the yard. Can I have my card back?

It's all I wear on the boat. There not UGGs :D

Reactions: Tap
Off topic - but we had a couple of those crocks when I was a kid. We grew and lives off of our own vegetables. We made and canned more sauerkraut in those things than I care to remember.

Reactions: Tap
It's all I wear on the boat. There not UGGs :D
Uggs would be an upgrade!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk