Patching rubber boots

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
I have a pair of cabelas brand insulated rubber boots. They are about 1 year old. I noticed today there is a hole worn in the ankle area on the back of 1 of the boots. Its almost like a crack. Has anyone ever had any luck patching rubber boots? I hate to get rid of them as they are like new everywhere else yet.
If it was still cabelas i would return them for a new pair. But since bass pro bought them the return policy sucks and customer service is worse.

You shouldn't have a problem patching them. I'm sure just a simple inner tube patch would fit the bill.

Maybe try some caulk if it's more of a crack.

I feel your pain. Seems like every rubber boot I try eventually springs a leak. I have had great luck with Shoe Goo. I have always gotten a few more years out of a pair. On bigger cracks or holes I'll just what S.T. Fanatic suggested and use a piece of rubber as a patch along with the Shoe Goo.

Go get a bicycle tire patch kit from Wally World or the like. I put the patch on and then cover it in shoe goo. Will outlast the rest of the boot!

Not rocket science, a rubber inner tube repair kit or a wader repair kit. Making sure boot surface really clean for proper adhesive seal.

Yeah, i thought about the tube patch. Wasnt sure how it would hold up being that the crack is right where the boot flexes when walking.
I have tried all different types of silicone and urethane caulks on boots in the past and it doesn't stick.
I even tried flex seal on the entire boot once. That held good until i walked in them, then it all cracked and fell off.
Just wanted to see if anyone had any different ideas.
Thanks for the responses!