Good slip on boots

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I am looking for a good pair of slip on boots. I like the mid height, or at least a boot my pants will go over the boot. I live in the tundra so insulated is a must. They don’t need to keep my toes warm for hours sitting in a stand, but an hour outside would be nice working. They will mostly be worn in the morning, and evening to quickly slip on to let dogs out, and fill my outdoor wood boiler. I like to spend my money on USA made stuff, but I want a quality built boot, for under $200. They may be worn to hop on the tractor and to quick chores, but if I will be out for a long time, and it’s really cold, I have good warm boots that I have to lace up. I need a quick slide on pair I used to buy neoprene muck boots, but after 3 pairs and them not lasting a year, it’s time to find better. Especially after paying $189 and they are made in China anyhow, and fall apart after a month.

Made in America and >$200 is going to be tough to find I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like kamik has “made in USA” options for less than muck brand. Sad to see that muck boot durability has gone so far down the shitter. I’ve liked muck boots for almost 20 years but they do seem to fall apart quick these days.

Some of the Deadliest Catch guys wear the insulated XTRATUF boots. I have some of the non insulated ankle ones for fishing offshore but around VA or NC so warmth not required. They seem decent but not USA. Indonesia

I used Dunlop boots when I was a fish farmer on the North Sea. I still like them because they are comfortable, and they seem to last about 5 years or more depending on use and care. A lot of guys on offshore oil and gas rigs use them too. The model worn here most has steel in the toe and sole, so it's probably not what you are looking for, but they have a huge selection of different models available at decent prices. Mine were made in Portugal, but you might get ones made in USA from their Georgia facility.

I would avoid under armour

They are the TSC battery, Harbor Freight tool , bic razor of the boot world

bill

I am looking for a good pair of slip on boots. I like the mid height, or at least a boot my pants will go over the boot. I live in the tundra so insulated is a must. They don’t need to keep my toes warm for hours sitting in a stand, but an hour outside would be nice working. They will mostly be worn in the morning, and evening to quickly slip on to let dogs out, and fill my outdoor wood boiler. I like to spend my money on USA made stuff, but I want a quality built boot, for under $200. They may be worn to hop on the tractor and to quick chores, but if I will be out for a long time, and it’s really cold, I have good warm boots that I have to lace up. I need a quick slide on pair I used to buy neoprene muck boots, but after 3 pairs and them not lasting a year, it’s time to find better. Especially after paying $189 and they are made in China anyhow, and fall apart after a month.
Here is a link to the American boot manufacturers: https://allamerican.org/lists/mens-work-boots/

While I am happy with my older Muck boots, I was disappointed to discover they are manufactured in China. I had always assumed they were manufactured in the USA. I have the same frustration with Minnetonka Moccasin—which have gone from great quality to Walmart quality since moving the manufacturing to China.

I like a nice pull on duck boot for what you are talking about. I use them for bird hunting and bow in the early season as well. Very versatile and strong boot. I had a pair so long I don’t remember where I got them from (maybe Cabela’s).
They finally wore out and I replaced them with a Guide Gear pair from Sportsman’s Guide. I don’t think they are US made, but a great boot for what you are talking about. Maybe just Google duck boot and you could find a US made pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like kamik has “made in USA” options for less than muck brand. Sad to see that muck boot durability has gone so far down the shitter. I’ve liked muck boots for almost 20 years but they do seem to fall apart quick these days.

I have been looking at Kamik, but for size 11, they are about a month from shipping them. I haven’t found any local businesses that stock them either.

I have been looking at Kamik, but for size 11, they are about a month from shipping them. I haven’t found any local businesses that stock them either.

It looks like there are some options available on their site? Or from scheels (where i saw them recently).

Also, Baffin has a number of boots made in Canada if that works for you.

Been wearing Muck boots as my go-to, slogging through the mud/manure in the barnyard for decades... but bought a pair of Hisea boots recently... quite a bit cheaper than Mucks, and while I've not even worn them a half-dozen times (sold the cows!), they seem to be comparable to my old Muck boots, if a bit easier to get on/off.
IDK where they are made.

I've got some Bogg's that I've owned for over 10 years. I think I got them at Fleet Farm. I really like em.....and wear them in any temps....as long as I'm active. Nice for deer stand temps too.
Seem to last a long time.

Edit: Just looked now.....and see that Sheels offers them and they are on Amazon. Really fit me well and stay on my foot. Price is right too.

Carolina makes good work boots. So does Thorogood and Chippewa which some styles are still made in US. Not sure if they really have the slip on type though. One online source midwestboots.com makes it easy with a USA tab to click on search the products produced here. Tons of the good leather work boots and shoes listed, probably a few hundred models but again did not see slip on water proof type but did not view all either

I am happy with my mucksters but that company was listed as verboten by OP.

Last edited:
I usualy have Red Wings on my feet but my oldest boy likes pull on boots so I just picked up a pair of Justin pull on work boots for him Idk better quality than the Airiat boots he had been using. I think anyway time will tell.

about 6 years ago, my hunting lease was logged hard. The birch hunters trash the heck out of the trails we have. Spent the whole day in muck boots and damaged my plantars in my foot. Never been right since. Stability in those things suck, like walking down a steep hill. Hate to specifically blame something for my bad foot, but close to saying it was muck boots......

I have a pair of lacrosse slip on boots now. Day and night difference in quality, arch support, and stability while on sketchy ground. I pretty much only use them when I know my feet are going to be in the mess, like ATV riding. I wear inserts from the podiatrist, so I usually wear hiking boots.

Wearing boots while your moving around doesnt take much to keep your toes warm.

I have the grundens boots as well. I am more of an avid fisherman than hunter. Everything they have has been of good quality for the money. I use their rain gear alot too.

My last pair of muck and under armor didn’t make it through two seasons. Need a new brand for next year

I went to Scheels, FleetFarm, and a couple other stores this weekend looking for boots. The Lacrosse looks like a decent boot, but they are tall, no way I could get my pants to go over the top of them, I would need to tuck my pants in the boots, and I dont want to do that, and they didnt have many sizes in stock, nothing between 9 and 14.

The Kamick Bushman V seemed decent, and I would have bought a pair, but again, nothing in my size. I am in either a 10, or 11, depends on the boots.

I found some Western Chief boots that were decent, and felt good, but their size 11 was big, and they didnt have a size 10 for me to try, and I got frustrated and just left. I am not a very good shopper, I am a buyer. I like to go into stores, grab what I want and walk out. I spent about 3 hours looking for and trying on boots between 4 stores, I couldnt handle anymore. Now I either need to find some on line and hope the correct size feels good when I put them on, or wait. I dont go shopping often, so it may be spring before I get to another store that sells good boots.