This weeks meateater

My Game warden and I are on a first name basis..
The prosecutor knows me also.

In MO a CO can’t write a trespassing ticket unless they actually whiteness the trespass. That or mine won’t. They also will not write a ticket on leased land even if the written lease gives the leasee the legal right to prosecute trespass. Haven’t crossed that bridge yet but when I do I’ll get a lawyer involved.
We have been told the same thing. Have caught numerous people in person tresspassing. Threatening to call sherriff is laughed at. Even having photos of license plates and clear ID of vehicle is not enough. I think at this point we just need to have cameras to cover your ass and hopefully catch someone if they do anything more serious. Fortunately, most of the crimes in our area are not larson or destruction of property. It has been getting better, but at a snail's pace.

We have been told the same thing. Have caught numerous people in person tresspassing. Threatening to call sherriff is laughed at. Even having photos of license plates and clear ID of vehicle is not enough. I think at this point we just need to have cameras to cover your ass and hopefully catch someone if they do anything more serious. Fortunately, most of the crimes in our area are not larson or destruction of property. It has been getting better, but at a snail's pace.
It’s going to come to a head one time before authorities take it seriously. Some shitbird pushes the wrong landowner too far and winds up in a ditch. Unfortunately the landowner will get in trouble but it’s gonna happen and it will be on the authorities hands at that point. The law is the law. It shouldn’t be selectively enforced.

It’s going to come to a head one time before authorities take it seriously. Some shitbird pushes the wrong landowner too far and winds up in a ditch. Unfortunately the landowner will get in trouble but it’s gonna happen and it will be on the authorities hands at that point. The law is the law. It shouldn’t be selectively enforced.
This. I foresee a Castle Doctrine case coming out of this in the very near future in Missouri.

I don’t know where you are up north but I’m 1/2 mile from Iowa. Our Sherrif’s department is useless. I’ve caught the same guy trespassing twice and signed a complaint twice. He’s yet to be charged.

Neighbor called them during muzzleloader season and gave them a description and tag number of a truck that was parked watching his picked corn field just before dark. They gave the neighbor a hard time for following the truck because that’s not legal.

Useless or just don’t want to be bothered.
Time to elect a different sheriff.