Buying bare dirt land - worth it?

Personally, I'd never own land that's been enrolled in a permanent easement. I have no interest in being the caretaker of the government's property. If a person is dead set on owning a piece in it, and completely fine with reduced land rights, make sure you tear the seller's guts out on the price. They sold the land rights to the government, let them reap the reward as well. We get enough people going broke to sell their land and land rights to the government, we can all live in high rises in Minneapolis.

Those will be burning down soon I am sure.
Was at Walmart, a guy was wearing a shirt that said” Burn it down” with a picture of Minneapolis on it.

I guess I better start looking for land in TN.
Absolutely if that is your place of choice. We had just stumbled onto this area because we came here fishing and we had no hard criteria for choosing the land we wanted to purchase. It sure could have gone wrong the way we did it but we just got lucky. If I were buying again I would have a definite set of criteria for choosing the area and another set for choosing deer hunting land.

@bgusty did you ever find anything in SW WI?

@bgusty did you ever find anything in SW WI?

Nope. Found a couple small cabins we liked near ish to some public land but acreage is way out of the budget right now.

And the cabins sold in a matter of days. Super hot market over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Found a couple small cabins we liked near ish to some public land but acreage is way out of the budget right now.

And the cabins sold in a matter of days. Super hot market over there.

Now that you've decided you are NOT buying it would you tell us where this land is? Seems you didn't answer guys asking you where it was out of fear someone might "steal it"?

There was a property that fits this description near Hampton, MN that was for sale within the last year or two, not sure if that's the one.

Now that you've decided you are NOT buying it would you tell us where this land is? Seems you didn't answer guys asking you where it was out of fear someone might "steal it"?

Sure. Pretty sure it sold in the last 2 years but it was southern MN - Freeborn County south of Albert Lea. Was 160ish acres if I remember right.