The Sandbox

When I tilled up this second cross trail, a yearling doe was standing in the middle of the three acre field watching me.
d7ebff2af7168f8b747507d6bb9c6aa2.heic

After I finished up we got 3/4 inch of rain. Three miles away they had almost three inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the rock house...that is awesome!

What's the story on the rock house? That's pretty cool. I've seen some similar small stone houses/sheds in northern Wisconsin as well, but I don't really know what they are used for.

What's the story on the rock house? That's pretty cool. I've seen some similar small stone houses/sheds in northern Wisconsin as well, but I don't really know what they are used for.

I believe it was the smokehouse for this homestead.

Very sharp looking building !! I like anything made from stone. It's timeless.

Your wife's flowers make the rock house a real eye-catcher. The iron wheels are perfect !!

There was a small area in the corn foodplot that was not planted or sprayed. I tilled it with a rototiller, broadcast beans, and lightly tilled it again. Then tilled out my cross trails in the corn.
24401fb784e16b748b1f997a45cd3d4c.heic

Deer are using the cross trails after 8 days.
46a4638b320908f315e62b8c9c4358c2.heic
987de1c6639670c73cdcc40047c09a2f.heic

There was a small area in the corn foodplot that was not planted or sprayed. I tilled it with a rototiller, broadcast beans, and lightly tilled it again. Then tilled out my cross trails in the corn.
24401fb784e16b748b1f997a45cd3d4c.heic

The beans are up and way to thick. They will be for forage anyway.
e40db80910e9d8ddaba9edf4e7f2d049.heic
f5978076e9693d6eecff417ff7f44cae.heic

Deer using your cross trails regularly. Give you any ideas ??? :emoji_smiling_imp:

What are those flowers ?? My wife liked the picture.

I will ask the straw boss when I get home.

My wife thinks they were some buy one, get one free, from Gurneys or Jungs.

She says they are multiplying and some could be shared!

My wife will be looking through the Gurney catalog we have !! Thanks for the tip. Have a good weekend Art.

My wife will be looking through the Gurney catalog we have !! Thanks for the tip. Have a good weekend Art.

Got rain and some heat. No serious hail damage. Crops and foodplots look good and it should be a good weekend, God willing!

We're gonna be in the hot soup here for the next 5 or 6 days. The humidity is what makes it really bad here. I don't know if you get high humidity there, but it gets to be a sweat-box here !! If you sweat, it doesn't evaporate to cool you, and you just stay soaked - all your clothes will be wet. Even a leather belt will be white from sweat / salt stains.

Not much will be done outside during this stretch of weather. Everyone will be in the AC. 100 to 106 forecast, plus humid. Corn will grow well though.

We're gonna be in the hot soup here for the next 5 or 6 days. The humidity is what makes it really bad here. I don't know if you get high humidity there, but it gets to be a sweat-box here !! If you sweat, it doesn't evaporate to cool you, and you just stay soaked - all your clothes will be wet. Even a leather belt will be white from sweat / salt stains.

Not much will be done outside during this stretch of weather. Everyone will be in the AC. 100 to 106 forecast, plus humid. Corn will grow well though.

108 or 110 heat index yesterday in the Twin Cities.

That's just ugly heat. ^^^ Does that kind of heat have a negative effect on dairy cows, Art ??

That's just ugly heat. ^^^ Does that kind of heat have a negative effect on dairy cows, Art ??

Milk production goes down. Cows develop an acidosis and we often get stomach problems two or three days later.

Farmers move lots of air with fans, adjust the ration, and try to keep the cows comfortable.

Steers that are near butcher stage can also suffer.

One of my best growing topworks has died. Fireblight?
70120da714ed9e9810b701f1135fd28a.jpg