The Sandbox

Frostbite looks good.
bef05704913df65ef5638ed4db60bd06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharp looking sunfish.
f0346f70545c922d9471cc4e76b398af.jpg

Your apple trees look pretty good - coming along nicely. The Frostbite & the one at the back left of the pic are up and out of the cages with good limbs.

Crappie filets for dinner ??

I hope he moves on.
eb8b4209466497b394b1f2c230ce4c58.jpg

ABC on a flowering crab.
3877fda9c936156ff041fbc02512a1b5.jpg

8be6a505e0eaeec39193578fb5ed8012.jpg

On wild swamp crab.

Altai Mtn on same wild swamp crab.
fa50bf353b26bfc257a53f681aa36266.jpg

The leaves don’t quite look right on this Buckman Crab on Anty.
eb491f8a0298d5a1b96c956be822dbe2.jpg

I think ABC adapts well to grafting. The scion of ABC you sent me is leading the pack for growth. Buckmans are doing well, but not as fast as ABC.

Is that a bear track ?? Can't tell from the pic.

I think ABC adapts well to grafting. The scion of ABC you sent me is leading the pack for growth. Buckmans are doing well, but not as fast as ABC.

Is that a bear track ?? Can't tell from the pic.

That is a bear track. I asked my neighbor to see if he is on his camera as I no longer use them.

He is either fawn hunting or maybe close to breeding season.

QUOTE]
I am hopeful for more of those two crabs for cider. I topworked with those and Small Chunk was kind enough to top work some on B 118 for me. I also started a few seedlings from them. Who knows what I will get. They went in some cider last year.

Winter wildlife crab topwork is showing some bud swell.

Do you have a beach on your land? Maybe the lighting made your dirt look lighter and sandier than it is.

Bears are really tough on fawns. They are really fun to hunt (and eat) though, so if he sticks around you might have something to chase around in September.

Do you have a beach on your land? Maybe the lighting made your dirt look lighter and sandier than it is.

Bears are really tough on fawns. They are really fun to hunt (and eat) though, so if he sticks around you might have something to chase around in September.

I have a sandhill on my place, part of it is covered in red cedars.

I hope your bear keeps moving - or you get a clean shot at him. They're very inquisitive & destructive. If you planted corn - & bears find it when it's in the milk - you'll think a tank has driven through your plot.

I hope your bear keeps moving - or you get a clean shot at him. They're very inquisitive & destructive. If you planted corn - & bears find it when it's in the milk - you'll think a tank has driven through your plot.

Over the years I have occasionally found where near are in the corn.

I have foodplot corn on my place and my renters have 70 acres of corn. And I am surrounded by cropland, corn , beans, sweet corn, and alfalfa. Nine acres of the alfalfa is on my land.

Four yearlings in the foodplot this morning.
5a4e78ac7c3dbe59dbd6ff773ccede1a.jpg

Well Art - the deer know they have food & good cover at your place. That's ALWAYS good !!

There was a small area in the corn foodplot that was not planted or sprayed. I tilled it with a rototiller, broadcast beans, and lightly tilled it again. Then tilled out my cross trails in the corn.
24401fb784e16b748b1f997a45cd3d4c.heic