The Sandbox

Nice! Looks a lot my my last one.

Congrats on a great deer!

Great buck! 190 on the hoof or dressed?

Great buck! 190 on the hoof or dressed?

I only use field dressed weights for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They only want trees where they existed pre white man.

That's hard to believe. Why so progressive on many issues and stuck in the past on others. From my experience there is only positive things from the pheasants. Where is pheasants forever on this issue, seems like they would be a great ally.

I only use field dressed weights for comparison.

Same here but some weigh their deer before field dressing.

They only want trees where they existed pre white man.

That's hard to believe. Why so progressive on many issues and stuck in the past on others. From my experience there is only positive things from the pheasants. Where is pheasants forever on this issue, seems like they would be a great ally.

The state of Minnesota has some law or policy where they are trying to return Habitat to the pre white man stage. Truth is that tribes moved across the state and the land was always in flux with different policies including fire management and the arrival of the horse.

I don’t feel our wildlife areas are being managed for game species but only as environmental areas.

Very nice deer and a sweet rifle.
I love seeing and hunting pheasants, I can't even wrap my head around how the state of MN is trying to manage it's wildlife/habitat.

At least five out there.
544289a29ca823fee37d5d5a3fb18673.jpg

As you can see, I have conifer windbreaks on my place.

Now ten or eleven

My buck was aged at 5.5. He weighed 190 pounds.

9773a83adb6f8afc5ba811aa1b6468da.jpg

Evidently the Texas lab and Montana lab for aging are now the same.

Art ... nice buck!

Given his age, what is your history with him? game cam pics? Always nice to see how they age & interact ...

My buck was aged at 5.5. He weighed 190 pounds.

9773a83adb6f8afc5ba811aa1b6468da.jpg

Evidently the Texas lab and Montana lab for aging are now the same.

Art ... nice buck!

Given his age, what is your history with him? game cam pics? Always nice to see how they age & interact ...

I have not run a game cam for four years or more. Minnesota Rackstars on Facebook has a video of my neighbor trying to slip up on him with his bow. My neighbor also grazed his back with a rage broad head earlier in the bow season. The taxidermist bought the cape and found the notch.

1ae63c9b852448095ee793dca9a99af6.jpg

So there are deer in MN....:emoji_wink::emoji_relaxed:

And some looking for apples for dessert.
5743487525a412234be5acbac646f561.jpg

So there are deer in MN....:emoji_wink::emoji_relaxed:

Two years of limited tags makes a difference. I expect and hope we have a doe and a buck tag this year.

We have been one tag the last few years.

Bueller ....post #633 - Art's stocking up on deer. Corn, other grains, maybe beans - apple and crab trees - and lots of spruce cover .......... I think ol' Art's been pullin' our leg about not having any deer !!!!:emoji_grin::emoji_laughing:

I'm happy to see you have a nice group coming around Art. They're a testament to your habitat work. Great buck too !!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bueller ....post #633 - Art's stocking up on deer. Corn, other grains, maybe beans - apple and crab trees - and lots of spruce cover .......... I think ol' Art's been pullin' our leg about not having any deer !!!!:emoji_grin::emoji_laughing:

I'm happy to see you have a nice group coming around Art. They're a testament to your habitat work. Great buck too !!! :emoji_thumbsup:

It’s also a testament to hunters speaking up and putting pressure on our Department of Natural Resources. Those who have been here for years know what I am talking about.

Mom, chestnut crabs again for dessert!

3fd2c1feaf35593ea6864dbaf54c777e.jpg

Your pics are the exact reason I planted fruit trees, great soft mast for wildlife when they need it!
Love your view, is that from your house?

Yes and this is from the other side of the house.

5b12cb74d23102e7c2d302f2313e6075.jpg