St. Lawrence Nursery

greyphase

5 year old buck +
This may have been mentioned on another thread, but thought I'd bring it up again. St. Lawrence nursery is taking orders online. Saw they have a number of crabs including Chestnut, Kerr, Trailman, All Winter Hangover, Violi, and Bilodeau.

IMG_7076.JPG I like some stuff they have and maybe it's just me but the trees I got from them haven't really done anything in the past 2 years. My trees this year from ACN are easily twice as big already. Here's an example from my AWH

Antonovka take a couple years to get going as they are standards. The root develops and then they shoot up.

Yep. Our SLN trees didn't do much the first year or 2, but when they kick in - they take off. I have NO complaints about any SLN trees, and we have a bunch at camp !! Hang in there, they'll take off. Next April, throw down some 10-10-10 or 15-15-15 around the tree. I did that in year 3 with SLN trees and they did fine.

Thanks, Rick, for the heads-up. ( post #1 )

I planted a handful from them a couple years ago. They're slower to get going but I expect them to leap this next year. Couple already set fruit this year. All crabs. Violi's Hanging, Trailman, Winter Wildlife, and All-Winter Hangover.