St. Lawrence Nursery Taking Orders

Diesel5610

5 year old buck +
Checked the mail today and had the 2020 catalog from St. Lawrence Nurseries in my mailbox. Checked the website and he is taking orders for spring. Ordered a couple more Kerr for spring. I am yet to try any of their trees, after a mix up on their part on a previous order. I Didn't really need any more trees for spring but want to give them a shot and Kerr has been such a hard one for me to get I figured a few more couldn't be a bad thing. Not a ton of crabs, which I am going with mostly now. Get your orders in if there is something you want, won't be long before the popular varieties are gone if the past is any indication. Exactly why I have had a hard time getting a Kerr the last two years, they don't last long.

^^^Just a warning for those procrastinators, I ordered a couple of Kerr myself from SLN this weekend. Sound like they are already down 4!

I have 1 good Kerr coming out of my nursery this coming season. I feel like I should take it to Sotheby's.

Checked the mail today and had the 2020 catalog from St. Lawrence Nurseries in my mailbox. Checked the website and he is taking orders for spring. Ordered a couple more Kerr for spring. I am yet to try any of their trees, after a mix up on their part on a previous order. I Didn't really need any more trees for spring but want to give them a shot and Kerr has been such a hard one for me to get I figured a few more couldn't be a bad thing. Not a ton of crabs, which I am going with mostly now. Get your orders in if there is something you want, won't be long before the popular varieties are gone if the past is any indication. Exactly why I have had a hard time getting a Kerr the last two years, they don't last long.

"Didn't need anymore trees" ???

always room for one more

bill

"Didn't need anymore trees" ???

always room for one more

bill

I am struggling to find that room.

I wish SLN would have that wide selection on dolgo rootstock.

I suspect dolgo is a slightly smaller tree and maybe better suited for my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ And you don't have bears, Bur. Smaller trees are safe there!!

Prairie Spy and Minnesota 1734 from SLN have been really good growers for us here. Both northern, cold climate apples. They also have Prairie Magic - good for Minn. and the Dakota's. The Chestnut crabs we got from them are kicking butt on growth.

^^^ And you don't have bears, Bur. Smaller trees are safe there!!

Prairie Spy and Minnesota 1734 from SLN have been really good growers for us here. Both northern, cold climate apples. They also have Prairie Magic - good for Minn. and the Dakota's. The Chestnut crabs we got from them are kicking butt on growth.

I have 1734 and Prairie Magic from Bailey’s.

Trailman from SLN has done well.

Bur - Has your 1734 fruited yet?? Ours is too young yet - maybe this next year we get 1 or 2 on ours.

Bur - Has your 1734 fruited yet?? Ours is too young yet - maybe this next year we get 1 or 2 on ours.

Not yet. Gophers set it back on me.

I've bought some for my home orchard, but in zone 5, if you had to pic, 4 or 5 from St Lawrence for whitetails, what should I go with?

Roymunson - My camp is at zone 5 & 6 border on a mountain top. We have a bunch of SLN trees. I'd recommend Winter Wildlife crab, Chestnut crab, All-Winter-Hangover crab, Prairie Spy or Prairie magic, ( we have Prairie Spy), and Enterprise. Solid, solid trees for us. Priscilla is also a very good DR tree and we have several of those too.

I've bought some for my home orchard, but in zone 5, if you had to pic, 4 or 5 from St Lawrence for whitetails, what should I go with?
A couple of others to consider are Kerr and Liberty.

anyone heard from them yet? I think it said the're going to start shipping week of March 30. Just seeing if any of you guys have got any updates yet.

Emailed them 2 days ago, still have not heard back. Sure they r busy and will get back to me, always do.

They had snow until a week ago. I am sure they are getting started.

Emailed them 2 days ago, still have not heard back. Sure they r busy and will get back to me, always do.
That's what I did. We're not even at the expected date yet. I hate when customers call me before we're scheduled to be there and ask where we're at.

But this is trees, and trees are cool.

Reactions: DJN
They appear to be on Northern New York time. It is somewhat frustrating at first but once you get used to it everything is fine.

got my email response. they said if everything goes as planned my trees ship first week of april.