Spring Smallies - Northern Wisconsin

CrazyEd

5 year old buck +
Had a pretty good weekend of fishing in Northern Wisconsin this past weekend. Water temps were not quite as high as we would have liked them and it wasn't totally ON but we got quite a few nice fish including one slob that weighed in at 6.2lbs. Quite a few in the 3-4lb range. In 2 full days of fishing we hit 6 different lakes and 1 river. Combined we caught well over 100 fish, mostly bass (small and large) but we did get 2 nice little brookies in the river. We didnt target anything else.

CameraZOOM-20150516074405969.jpg

Here's the 6lber
6.2.JPG

CameraZOOM-20150516162848926.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150516171604468.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150516171855491.jpg

Kayak fishing for largemouth is always a blast with an ultralight - only about a 1.5 mile hike through the woods dragging a kayak to get to this beautiful little lake in the middle of the national forest.
IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3934.JPG

IMG_3940.JPG

Couple more slobs
slobo2.JPG

slobo3.JPG

Those smallies are AWESOME! Nice fish! Looks like it was a fun weekend!

Looks like alot of fun! For some reason I have always wanted to fish for smallies, probably because we dont have them around here and they look like they would put up a big fight! Especially those chunks you caught!:)

Nice! 6.2 is just shy of the Montana state record. Those fish are a blast. I could do that all day long if I had a boat or my useless brother would pull his outta state once.

Looks like alot of fun! For some reason I have always wanted to fish for smallies, probably because we dont have them around here and they look like they would put up a big fight! Especially those chunks you caught!:)

They fight like hell, so much fun.