All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spartan vs. Empire

2ndHand

5 year old buck +
Based on a suggestion from Maya, I revised my Cummins order for spring 2015 to include a higher percentage of Honey crisp. Overall, I will be planting about 85 trees (spring & fall planting) with 40 being honey crisp. Others include Cortland, Liberty with Wickerson and Chestnut crabs to aid with pollination. I plan on grafting about 12 Zestar! this year.

My question is what is your thoughts between Spartan and Empire - Do you have a favorite?

Thanks for your help!

Two weekends ago we went to a U pick orchard south of Blair. We picked almost a bushel of Empire and a bushel of Cortland I think ... I think empire are pretty tasty. Don't think I have had a Spartan.

Two weekends ago we went to a U pick orchard south of Blair. We picked almost a bushel of Empire and a bushel of Cortland I think ... I think empire are pretty tasty. Don't think I have had a Spartan.

Hey Kabic, Thanks for reply - I bought a few empires at the Farmer's Market in BRFs, thought the same thing. Thanks!