Skidsteer ?

wooduck

5 year old buck +
Looking to upgrade skidsteer soon , Must be 60 plus hp , quik change bucket , Whats your favorite and why ?

tracked machine, controls you can get used to, I like bobcat, jd ok, some of the off brands are just off to find parts for. whatever you get, grab a set of forks for it, you can use them for way more than picking up pallets. brush hog, heck you could probably get a pellet mill for it and make enough pellets to heat your place, and sell the extra to friends.

I'm not a fan of bobcat's - their cabs are too cramped for me. I like Cat's offerings, but you'll pay for it (they're not cheap). Takeuchi's another good one to look at - lots of them in rental fleets which means they tend to run without ongoing expense despite lack of care from the users.

Stay away from ASV. They're fine if you don't have to wrench on them (under warranty), once you do, they're a money pit; which is why they're dirt cheap on the used market. Their track system is fantastic, and Cat uses it on their machines. $$$$$ as soon as you start wearing out the undercarriage. It's not labor either, it's expensive parts.

I was looking into getting a skidsteer when I decided a tractor with high capacity loader was a better tool for the job.

All ready have attachments forks, buckets, grapple, for current machine , Just looking for some opinions and experiences operators have had with their current machine , weak spots, watch out for ect

Make sure you get high flow on the aux hydros, since if you want to run a stump grinder, mulcher or the like you will be glad to have it. I've run enough of the Bobcats to know they seem to do a nice job, and we run a Case that has taken a licking and kept on ticking, but I'm seeing more of the larger Gehl units around, as well. When we upgrade, we'll likely look Bobcat or Case due to local service options.

Im a heavy equipment operator for work. We have all kinds of skidsteers and get to demo quite a few. I would say the best by far is Cat. They are rock solid machines,great controls, and power. The track machines are the top of the line. My second choice would be Case. We have a couple of Deere tracked machines that are ok. We also just got a JCB, that I like so far. Its a different machine. It has a door on the side(easy getting in and out) and also has only one lift cylinder for the bucket

This gonna be for farm chores or you gonna make a living with it too?
Will you be finish grading? If so tracks are the only way to go. If it was just for farm use I would get the cheaper tire machine