All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sick of winter already!

Maya

5 year old buck +
I'm already sick of winter and it really hasn't gotten here yet. I need a summer pics! Post em up.....100_0325.jpg

I really think I need to move somewhere warmer soon!DSCN0561.JPG

Come on, someone post some pics. Outback 08 012.jpg

Do you even have any snow down there? I went to Enosburg last week and they had NO snow there. I still have barely a bare spot showing at my place even after the warm up and rain we got!

Im now focusing on April and the Caribbean, then more fun in the deer habitat!

Thanks Stu, that's better.

It's pretty much gone at my house D, but once you go up in the hills to the east there is still a bunch. It was snowing while I was out doing some hinge cuts this morning. Oh, and I found a stand some A-hole put in the sanctuary in the swamp at the farm. That's got me down in the dumps. I think I've got to have an operation too. I need some sun! Common D, lets see some summer pics!

I DSCN0576.JPG think I'm going to put in another one of these bean corn plots this year. Real good draw.

I have to admit as I get older I find cold weather and snow less and less enjoyable. Went to my in laws in NC for a few days and I would be the first to admit while I hate populated areas, I didnt mind the milder weather one bit!

I will gladly trade this...image.jpgFor this...
image.jpg

That's not good news George...hope you're wrong ;)
Been getting sick as a dog right after eating anything fatty or spicy...most likely gall bladder problems. Had an ultra sound this morning. The gal that did it said I'd most likely have the answer to my problem after she was done. She's not supposed to say anything, but that was pretty telling to me. Took a lot of pics of my liver, which I beat the snot out of in that fall I had a couple years ago. Got a Dr's appointment tomorrow to see what they found.

Great pics guys, Chummer those cute little smiles made me smile, thanks! Nice bloom in the background, wild tree?

This was the start to my high density orchard...
DSCN0788.JPG

My sister had the same symptoms ( after greasy, fatty food ) and it was her gall bladder. The docs took it out by a laperoscope ( sp.? ). It involves a small 3/4" incision and was a breeze she said. No probs. since then. If that's what it is, no big deal, Maya. Maybe plan some recovery time on an island in the sun?? !!! :):D

Yup wild tree that over hangs the road across from our property. It is loaded every year even when most other trees have none. I am glad it made you smile.

Winter has not really hit here yet - we have had glimpses, but not to stay just yet. No sticking snow or prolonged sub freezing temps. January and February are when it will start to suck around here. I'm trying to get done outside what I can while I can. I will more then likely be limited to cutting firewood once the winter is here to stay or I will stick to indoor projects.

My sister had the same symptoms ( after greasy, fatty food ) and it was her gall bladder. The docs took it out by a laperoscope ( sp.? ). It involves a small 3/4" incision and was a breeze she said. No probs. since then. If that's what it is, no big deal, Maya. Maybe plan some recovery time on an island in the sun?? !!! :):D

A buddy of mine had the same symptoms and procedure. We will hope that you are in the same boat or something even less invasive.

The laparoscope procedure is the least invasive way for common interior surgeries these days. Small incision, much easier healing, quickly back to " normal " - whatever THAT is !!!
If that's the route they take and the recovery time is minimal - milk it for all it's worth and GO somewhere warm & sunny Maya !!! Come back all tanned up & ready for dormant season pruning !!!:cool::D

I don't mind winter as much as I can't STAND summer heat & humidity !!! Temps. up to 80 are enough for me. That 90 to 100 degree crap with 80-90% humidity saps the energy right out of me! Give me 45 to 55 degrees & low humidity. This time of year I can do woods work ( firewood cutting, or timbering for deer / game ) and not get overheated. Good time of year to move tree stands - no bugs or rattlesnakes. Post-season scouting too.

That said, I'm anxious to plant apple trees, crabs, spruce, hawthorns, aspen, serviceberry, and maybe some Chinese chestnuts this spring. Food plots, too - but they come a little later than the trees. Lots of woods work to do in the meantime.

Dr. called, the gall bladder collapsed! Anyone here of that?DSCN2307.JPG Anyways I have to make an appointment for surgery in the morning.

Won't be long before this though. Keep the pics coming.

good luck, maya.

Gosh, hope it all goes okay tomorrow!

Best of luck Maya! - Sounds like it's time for gall bladder to be removed.

Hoping for a speedy recovery Maya!