Selsor Farm take 2

What a nice piece of property, congrats. Thats a great place to keep the kids real busy, as well as yourself.

I couldn’t stand it any longer!
planting some apple trees tomorrow in the hidden back field pictured above! Gonna plant a long row of apples now an row of pears in the early spring!
trees planting g tomorrow
Hewes crab
Wickson crab x2
Keener
Black oxford
Black twig
Black limbertwig
Little Benny
Enterprise
King David
Terry winter
An some Arkansas Blacks to add coming from the one an only turkey creek next spring!
Home grown chestnuts x 4
All trees to be protected with cattle panels, weed mats an mulch!
got a post hole digger to make quick order out of the digging! Then bust up all the edges with a pick ax!
Cant wait to apply all I have learned over the yrs to get the trees set an off to a running start:)

Last edited:
You do love your trees don’t you! I wish I had some fields for planting some more on my place.

You may have already seen this - my old neighbor (a fireman coincidentally) is a buddy of the guy who bought your old place. He’s been helping do a little work out there. He sent me this trail cam pic from your old place last week. Not sure if you ever had any bears there before. But we’re hearing about sightings in our area of Crawford county too. Thought you might find it interesting. How’s the new place looking?F14E3522-BD4A-48F2-9071-5FCA0944625C.jpeg

You may have already seen this - my old neighbor (a fireman coincidentally) is a buddy of the guy who bought your old place. He’s been helping do a little work out there. He sent me this trail cam pic from your old place last week. Not sure if you ever had any bears there before. But we’re hearing about sightings in our area of Crawford county too. Thought you might find it interesting. How’s the new place looking?View attachment 30451
Yessir! Dave and the new owner sent me this picture! I knew it was just a matter of time in that neck of the woods! It’s just endless miles of timber. Looks like a respectable bear too! 250lb maybe? I talk to Andy the new owner and Dave pretty regularly. Great guys!
New farm is going well. It’s being logged at the moment. Should be done just in time for fall food plotting. Anxious to work the dirt down there! Have some big ideas. Just so little time lol

Yessir! Dave and the new owner sent me this picture! I knew it was just a matter of time in that neck of the woods! It’s just endless miles of timber. Looks like a respectable bear too! 250lb maybe? I talk to Andy the new owner and Dave pretty regularly. Great guys!
New farm is going well. It’s being logged at the moment. Should be done just in time for fall food plotting. Anxious to work the dirt down there! Have some big ideas. Just so little time lol
Glad things are going well. Dave is my old neighbor and a great guy. I’m glad your old place went to people who really appreciate it and will be good stewards of the land and the work you began.

Glad things are going well. Dave is my old neighbor and a great guy. I’m glad your old place went to people who really appreciate it and will be good stewards of the land and the work you began.
For sure! Andy let me go down and hunt last fall. Of course I killed the best buck of my life off it after I sell! He was genuinely happy for me.