Selsor Farm take 2

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Well Chestnut Valley Farms is sold. But the cool thing is I closed on the new farm in the same day at same sitting:)
No name for the new place yet. Still thinking on that but I wanted to tell you guys a little bit about it.
Its 80 acres. Lays real nice. Its about 20 acres open pasture and rest hardwood timber. One thing that really caught my eye on this place is the open ground is all high ground. Hope that equates to some productive fruit plots among some native grasses! Neighboring farmer is currently cutting hay off the fields. Another thing that excites me is the timber. Place is loaded with monster oaks. Wish I would have gotten some pics of those to show you. But I did snap a few pics while I was there with the family last wk. Have an old barn with some modest living quarters finished in a cinder block foundation. Descent size pond and a smaller water hole pond as well. Anxious to get a habitat game plan together but first and foremost it will be for all around family enjoyment:) EDIT: Another cool thing I forgot to mention is my cousin owns the adjoining farm. Doesn't get hunted but a bit during rifle season.
IMG_3216.JPG

Last edited:
Pasture pics. I envision switch, big an lil blue stem with a touch of golden rod like Steves place in the pasture!!!! I grew up hunting ozark timber ridge county. Gonna be a little different hunting these rolling hills!
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2846.jpg

Looks great, what area?

Looks like a nice piece. I especially like that secluded opening in the back. No greater place for daytime movement than a low pressure a hidden spot like that.

Love the pond, when you got water you got gold! Nice piece of land there!

Looks like a nice piece. I especially like that secluded opening in the back. No greater place for daytime movement than a low pressure a hidden spot like that.
Thats what sold it to me! I love those long narrow fields! It sits high too. Make a good destination plot and hidden orchard. Its surrounded by white oaks bigger around than 55gal drums. Thats gonna make hunting challenging I think. Tempted to timber it but my wife really likes them... My cousin has a trail pic of an absolute pig not far from that back field

Love the pond, when you got water you got gold! Nice piece of land there!
Sure helps for entertaining the kids!

Looks like a nice place Jordan. I like your idea for the pasture area and I like the couple openings you already have to work with as well. Having your cousin as a neighbor is hopefully a good thing as well. The buildings at least seem to be useful to you and may not be fancy but at least functional (which is far more important in my opinion). The entire place looks pretty secluded so that is nice as well. I think you got you a good foundation to start your next adventure with you and your rug-rats!

Looks like a nice place Jordan. I like your idea for the pasture area and I like the couple openings you already have to work with as well. Having your cousin as a neighbor is hopefully a good thing as well. The buildings at least seem to be useful to you and may not be fancy but at least functional (which is far more important in my opinion). The entire place looks pretty secluded so that is nice as well. I think you got you a good foundation to start your next adventure with you and your rug-rats!
Thanks J! Our other place didn’t have any accommodations for the wife with the young ones. Least here she has a cool/warm place to put the little ones down for a nap. An it’s 20min from my home! That’s gonna make for much more time for habitat work!

Thanks J! Our other place didn’t have any accommodations for the wife with the young ones. Least here she has a cool/warm place to put the little ones down for a nap. An it’s 20min from my home! That’s gonna make for much more time for habitat work!
That sounds like a great situation for you! Easy to get to....easier for everyone to partake in the activities and the like. Good for you.

Beautiful. Nice spot to pass a legacy on to your kids. St Gen is beautiful country too. Very happy for you!

AWESOME spot! Looks like it has it all...very nice purchase!

Beautiful! I bet your going to love those rolling hills! Won’t have a heart attack going up and down! I’m born and raised a flat lander and hunting bluff country about kills me!

That looks real nice Jordan. Congrats on the new farm. You're going to make some great memories there!