Rest in peace (Chainsaw) apples, apples and more apples

Prayers to his family.

GOD rest Dave. CLASS GUY. Prayers for his family.

Had a sad heart ever since I heard of his passing. Such a true gentlemen on this and the old forum. Never met him but know I would like him if i did. Rest in peace brother!

I'll think of him every time I see my Turning Point trees.
Were there any others he was involved in?

Very sad news.

He will be remembered, and I will think of him when I pass by one of his Turning Point applecrabs.

Last edited:
Is there an obituary for Chainsaw?

I have not seen one. Most of their family lives out of state and there was a forecasted heavy snow event when he passed. Anne was asking everyone to stay home and she will have a celebration of life gathering next summer.

I'll stamp out a brass tag in his remembrance and hang it on my Turning Point tree's fence enclosure.
What a great idea…

I have not seen one. Most of their family lives out of state and there was a forecasted heavy snow event when he passed. Anne was asking everyone to stay home and she will have a celebration of life gathering next summer.

Not sure how I missed this. Makes my heart truly sad. I have one Turning Point started from a scion Dave sent me a few years ago. I like the brass tag idea. RIP Dave.

Rip, may your trees live long and watch steadily in your guard.

Clearly, this man, Chainsaw, was respected and admired. I enjoyed....though inevitably saddened....to read the comments here.

However, the advice offered by the poster TTurtles....struck me as so very appropriate.

"may your trees .... steadily guard".

That is good stuff. And as my day will inevitably come......observations such as that is what I would hope for.
May my work for wildlife and the 'improvements' to my farm live for years, decades, or more......longer than I do.
That's legacy enough for me.

As I have mentioned before, Dave once sent me some scion wood from some of the trees that he liked the best. I grafted 4 of his varieties. Today I noticed this one had a very nice fruit set this year - and as you can see it is growing very clean. He would have been excited to see this.
MG6PNLc.jpg

FLB7jzy.jpg