Red dot on pics- Cuddeback Dualcell

Tamarack

5 year old buck +
The past couple of weeks I've noticed a red dot on each nighttime pic. Never noticed it before..this seems to have started after I moved the cam to another location, but it's possible it just wasn't hitting the deer/target so I never noticed it. Will check past pics this weekend. Attach31601_20200424_014107.jpg

Attach31197_20200418_044207.jpg

Which direction is your camera pointing? I think I have seen some similar with a camera that was pointed south and had too much sun exposure. I just noticed that the red dot is moving between the two photos, so it is likely not a sun spot.

On an unrelated note, how are you liking your white flash? I have been wanting to put one in my K to try out. If it works well, I will likely order G's next time instead of J's so I can get the white flash.

The red dot is an internal reflection caused by the deer's intense eyeshine bouncing around between the CMOS sensor and the back of the lens. It's not a defect, just simple physics. It can be mitigated somewhat by setting your camera high and pointing down or setting low and pointing up, but it's a fool's errand to even try since we can't control how high a deer holds its head while posing for the camera. It's best to just accept it and live with it or, if you feel compelled, to clone the reflection out. :emoji_relaxed:

Which direction is your camera pointing? I think I have seen some similar with a camera that was pointed south and had too much sun exposure. I just noticed that the red dot is moving between the two photos, so it is likely not a sun spot.

On an unrelated note, how are you liking your white flash? I have been wanting to put one in my K to try out. If it works well, I will likely order G's next time instead of J's so I can get the white flash.
]

It's facing north. It's not something I'll waste money sending the thing back for- I can photoshop it out if keeping a pic. Just hope it's not something that means it'll get worse..
Plan to move the cam today so maybe I'll try the taking the batteries out etc trick.

Love the white flash. Has always been my favorite since the Cuddeback Capture and the 35mm version before that. Still have and use the Capture.

The red dot is an internal reflection caused by the deer's intense eyeshine bouncing around between the CMOS sensor and the back of the lens. It's not a defect, just simple physics. It can be mitigated somewhat by setting your camera high and pointing down or setting low and pointing up, but it's a fool's errand to even try since we can't control how high a deer holds its head while posing for the camera. It's best to just accept it and live with it or, if you feel compelled, to clone
the reflection out. :emoji_relaxed:

Interesting. I'm always replying with "interesting" to you lol.

As I said I'll be moving the cam so will see if I can unreddot it.