Reconyx Cellular

I honestly haven’t looked at my cards. Anything I get that I want to keep, I request an HD photo and then save it. I bought 64 gig cards for each and just planned to erase them each year. I would ship it back to Reconyx if there’s not a straightforward fix (in the settings on the camera it’s self).

Yeah I did the same thing though out the year. just requested HD pic when i saw something i wanted to see in HD. I just had one picture that i was hoping it would be better than the HD via the phone transmission.

the picture looked like a cougar which they don't have in VA mountains(they say) but you couldn't tell enough detail in the field via phone HD so i was hoping a better picture on the camera.

I'm retesting now on just a month of pictures.

Does anyone know how to deactivate a camera? I'm trying to shut it down for the spring/summer and can't find an option for that anywhere in the app.

Does anyone know how to deactivate a camera? I'm trying to shut it down for the spring/summer and can't find an option for that anywhere in the app.
You just need to email them and tell them anywhere from 0-6 months of hibernation. Joe should email same day.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

You just need to email them and tell them anywhere from 0-6 months of hibernation. Joe should email same day.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I also figured this was the case since I couldn’t find a itching through the app. I’m going to shut a few of mine down for the spring as well. Hopefully they can build a hibernate function into the app. I would still like to see them add additional functionality to the app. Their customer service response times are great though.

I'm getting ready to purchase one or two of these. Anyone running them on an external batteries?

I'm getting ready to purchase one or two of these. Anyone running them on an external batteries?
I am. I would say external batteries are a must. I bought the HME external battery packs with a solar charger on them. I had to splice in the correct connection because the Reconyx cameras had a different jack. They are okay, at best. The one I have in a wide open field is still running but the rest in partial shade only gave me a month or two before crapping out. I am putting up Reconyx’s solar/external battery with each of the cams this summer. I have them all but haven’t put them up yet do no feedback on how much better they work.

If the HME's battery packs are like the Bushnells you might wanna silicone the outside seams. I noticed the plug hole on my Bushnell packs was corroded. I opened it up and the whole circuit board was shot from moisture.

I am. I would say external batteries are a must. I bought the HME external battery packs with a solar charger on them. I had to splice in the correct connection because the Reconyx cameras had a different jack. They are okay, at best. The one I have in a wide open field is still running but the rest in partial shade only gave me a month or two before crapping out. I am putting up Reconyx’s solar/external battery with each of the cams this summer. I have them all but haven’t put them up yet do no feedback on how much better they work.

Thanks. We ran Spartans on 6V batteries which ran all season so we'll likely go with them on the Reconyx cells.

Thanks. We ran Spartans on 6V batteries which ran all season so we'll likely go with them on the Reconyx cells.
Some of it would depend on how many pictures they’re taking and how often you have it set up to transmit. My lower volume cameras last quite a while on just the AA batteries, but my high volume sets (100+ pictures a day) would drain batteries within a couple weeks without an external battery.

Last edited:
Some of it would depend on how many pictures they’re taking and how often you have it set up to transmit. My lower volume cameras last quite a while on just the AAA batteries, but my high volume sets (100+ pictures a day) would drain batteries within a couple weeks without an external battery.

Agreed, have a Spartan out for going on 6 months still on original lithiums..

Anyone transition their Reconyx cell cams to scrapes yet? I'm interested to see if mature bucks react to the Reconyx cell cams. Let us know if you are getting multiple pics of the same mature bucks using scrapes.

Curious if anyone else has any recent experiences with this - Either Reconyx or Spartan.

Curious if anyone else has any recent experiences with this - Either Reconyx or Spartan.

We've got 2 Reconyx cells set up on scrape trees in plots. Not many bucks summered on our place and so far they haven't shown up on the plots. The bucks that summered elsewhere should show up soon. I'll give an update when we start seeing bucks on the plots.

Great, thanks!

We've got 2 Reconyx cells set up on scrape trees in plots. Not many bucks summered on our place and so far they haven't shown up on the plots. The bucks that summered elsewhere should show up soon. I'll give an update when we start seeing bucks on the plots.

Bucks are starting to come to the scrape trees in our plots and showing no concern of our Reconyx cell cams. We have them set to send pictures twice a day a 11 am and 11 pm and are running the flash output at medium. One thing I will say is that Reconyx needs to up the resolution on the thumbnails it sends. They are almost worthless if the deer is more than 5 yds from the camera.

I loved my Reconyx Cell cams. Pictures through the app are pretty good.123684127_10159240767114887_8923628645657864207_n.jpg

Bucks are starting to come to the scrape trees in our plots and showing no concern of our Reconyx cell cams. We have them set to send pictures twice a day a 11 am and 11 pm and are running the flash output at medium. One thing I will say is that Reconyx needs to up the resolution on the thumbnails it sends. They are almost worthless if the deer is more than 5 yds from the camera.
I would try bumping the flash output to high. You can always back it off if the deer are reacting to it and it will send an easier to see thumbnail.

Update: I'm very happy with the performance of my Reconyx cell on scrape trees in food plots. ZERO indication the mature bucks are spooked by it. They are working the scrape tree as long as 5 minutes at a time costing me extra money with so many pics being taken, LOL.

One of my buddies thinks I'm crazy but I'm convinced they detect Spartans so we have officially transitioned them to security cams. Even on the farm they seemed to tolerate them we never had bucks linger in front of our Spartan on scrape trees in plots. 3 pic burst and gone. On our other farm they flat out quit using our scrape trees.