Reconyx Cellular

Hello
I got one a few weeks ago. Put it in the back yard to test it and it worked well. I was concerned about the amount of cell signal needed, being that on my farm signal is very low. I have had a Spypoint Evo for the past two years and it needed an external antenna.
Friday I made it to the farm (12 hours away...) and put the Reconyx Cell up. Works great - the thumbnail images are much better than Spypoint.
Been getting 200+ images daily. I will say I feel the Spypoint App, available on your phone and desktop was very good. I liked being able to view the daily images on a big screen. I hope Reconyx does something similar.

Hello
I got one a few weeks ago. Put it in the back yard to test it and it worked well. I was concerned about the amount of cell signal needed, being that on my farm signal is very low. I have had a Spypoint Evo for the past two years and it needed an external antenna.
Friday I made it to the farm (12 hours away...) and put the Reconyx Cell up. Works great - the thumbnail images are much better than Spypoint.
Been getting 200+ images daily. I will say I feel the Spypoint App, available on your phone and desktop was very good. I liked being able to view the daily images on a big screen. I hope Reconyx does something similar.
I haven’t gotten a chance to mess with it too much but the Reconyx app definitely appears to be barebones without many frills. Generally speaking that’s fine by me since I’m a pretty basic guy. I never really considered a desktop version but that’s not a bad idea. You might email reconyx (support@reconyx.com) and recommend that...they’ll probably let you know if it’s already in the works or not. You’ll probably talk to Joe, he’s great to deal with.

Finally got all of the cameras out today. I will say that setup and operation of these cameras is super simple. I have one camera down in a creek bottom on a crossing and it’s getting poor reception but the rest are all getting clear reception and I’ve already received about 60 pictures over the last couple hours. I’ve attached a low resolution pictures that it sends so you can see what they look like. They’re a little more clear than my Spartan GoCams. I’m not in love with the photo viewing on the app but it works just fine. I’m used to clicking on a camera and having all the most recent pictures populate. You can get that on the Reconyx app but you have to use a filter feature which is less convenient. I also don’t think you can format an SD card remotely which is kind of annoying. Outside of a couple minor things I’ve been impressed thus far, but I also had very high expectations.

Attachments

• 7446F080-7964-425D-A806-DCB79CA6336D.jpeg
    7446F080-7964-425D-A806-DCB79CA6336D.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 40
I can’t believe how vanilla the Reconyx connect app is. It’s like it was done by a first year student. Kind of an embarrassment for Reconyx. It works sorta but it’s beyond basic. I recall reading your post about American Express. I figured it was fixed by now. Nope! Now The app thinks I have 3 cameras instead of two. I’m sure a call into customer service will get this fixed quickly. The thumbnails are quite a bit better than Ridgetec and I like how you can save or send the images right off the photo tab. I liked the Ridgetec app loads better but the Reconyx cam is much better than the Ridgetec. Let’s just hope there are more features and better functionality in the near future.

I can’t believe how vanilla the Reconyx connect app is. It’s like it was done by a first year student. Kind of an embarrassment for Reconyx. It works sorta but it’s beyond basic. I recall reading your post about American Express. I figured it was fixed by now. Nope! Now The app thinks I have 3 cameras instead of two. I’m sure a call into customer service will get this fixed quickly. The thumbnails are quite a bit better than Ridgetec and I like how you can save or send the images right off the photo tab. I liked the Ridgetec app loads better but the Reconyx cam is much better than the Ridgetec. Let’s just hope there are more features and better functionality in the near future.
Rit, I emailed them several things late last week. I was told the Amex issue should be fixed but have not tried to switch payment methods yet. I’m sure a quick call into Customer Service will fix your issue. Agree that the app is vanilla, but I’m getting used to it. I am confident we will see the app continue to improve and evolve as is out longer. Some of the things I suggested to them are in the works right now so I know they’re still planning to enhance it. I went into this knowing there would be a few growing pains along the way with this being the first release of these cameras and the app.

Finally got all of the cameras out today. I will say that setup and operation of these cameras is super simple. I have one camera down in a creek bottom on a crossing and it’s getting poor reception but the rest are all getting clear reception and I’ve already received about 60 pictures over the last couple hours. I’ve attached a low resolution pictures that it sends so you can see what they look like. They’re a little more clear than my Spartan GoCams. I’m not in love with the photo viewing on the app but it works just fine. I’m used to clicking on a camera and having all the most recent pictures populate. You can get that on the Reconyx app but you have to use a filter feature which is less convenient. I also don’t think you can format an SD card remotely which is kind of annoying. Outside of a couple minor things I’ve been impressed thus far, but I also had very high expectations.

Thanks for the update Dukslayr, keep them coming. If you have the camera set up on Rapidfire to shoot 3 images per event does the camera send all 3 images to the app?

Rit, I emailed them several things late last week. I was told the Amex issue should be fixed but have not tried to switch payment methods yet. I’m sure a quick call into Customer Service will fix your issue. Agree that the app is vanilla, but I’m getting used to it. I am confident we will see the app continue to improve and evolve as is out longer. Some of the things I suggested to them are in the works right now so I know they’re still planning to enhance it. I went into this knowing there would be a few growing pains along the way with this being the first release of these cameras and the app.
It’s not fixed as of Saturday. I do expect things to improve just surprised it was so bare bones especially with the delayed shipping dates. The Reconyx camera performance itself makes up for a lot of it. I’m sure as I tinker with it and updates roll out it will get better.

Thanks for the update Dukslayr, keep them coming. If you have the camera set up on Rapidfire to shoot 3 images per event does the camera send all 3 images to the app?
I have all my cameras setup that way right now. And yes, it uploads all 3 imagines to the app. You can change all the settings remotely from the app if you’re getting too many (or not enough) pictures. You can do time lapse, various pics per trigger, delays between trigger, etc. Pretty much anything you can do with the camera appears to be programmable via the app.

It’s not fixed as of Saturday. I do expect things to improve just surprised it was so bare bones especially with the delayed shipping dates. The Reconyx camera performance itself makes up for a lot of it. I’m sure as I tinker with it and updates roll out it will get better.
I am emailing them 1-2 times per week with feedback. The more feedback they hear from us the better the app will get.

Thought I would share this relative to trigger speed. This little bird flew right in front of the camera and it looks like the first trigger centered him up. Little motion defect but pretty impressive.

Attachments

• EB22976E-CA25-4E09-B7EF-7273EFD3909B.jpeg
    EB22976E-CA25-4E09-B7EF-7273EFD3909B.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 29
Thought I would share this relative to trigger speed. This little bird flew right in front of the camera and it looks like the first trigger centered him up. Little motion defect but pretty impressive.

By far the best trigger on the market. I went through a card on a HF2 yesterday that had a sequence of a coyote stalking and flushing a hen turkey and her poults on rapidfire, could see the terror in their eyes mid-flight.

Thanks for the updates guys, let us know how battery life and cell reception goes.

By far the best trigger on the market. I went through a card on a HF2 yesterday that had a sequence of a coyote stalking and flushing a hen turkey and her poults on rapidfire, could see the terror in their eyes mid-flight.

Thanks for the updates guys, let us know how battery life and cell reception goes.
Cell signal is not bad. I have one of my cameras down in a creek bottom with poor, if any, service on my phone. That camera has enough service to send pictures although my app shows a low signal strength signal. They sell a directional antenna an if I were in a really tough spot and had to have a camera there (long term) I would buy an antenna and mount it. Can’t tell on battery life yet. I’ve got all my cameras set to stay connected and immediate send pictures. I’m probably going to dial it back to have them sent in batches a couple times a day until closer to deer season. I do plan on booking them up to external battery packs once I figure out how to switch out the charging cable connector (the HME battery backs don’t fit the jack on the Reconyx FYI).

Getting used to the vanilla app. It’s functional and that’s all that really matters. I was able to get my ghost camera taken care of. Took a phone call and 3 emails. They told me American Express doesn’t work. One thing I’ve noticed is the App is not tracking the number of photos for billing purposes. I am averaging about 50 photos a day and it’s still stuck at zero.

Getting used to the vanilla app. It’s functional and that’s all that really matters. I was able to get my ghost camera taken care of. Took a phone call and 3 emails. They told me American Express doesn’t work. One thing I’ve noticed is the App is not tracking the number of photos for billing purposes. I am averaging about 50 photos a day and it’s still stuck at zero.
Are you sending in an email with glitches? I am keeping a list and plan to send it once every couple of weeks.

Are you sending in an email with glitches? I am keeping a list and plan to send it once every couple of weeks.
Outside of the ghost cam and the American Express trouble I haven’t really had any issues. I will wait until they charge me another block of photos before I call them again. Maybe I’ll get lucky and there will be no additional charges since the app is not tracking anything.

Outside of the ghost cam and the American Express trouble I haven’t really had any issues. I will wait until they charge me another block of photos before I call them again. Maybe I’ll get lucky and there will be no additional charges since the app is not tracking anything.
Fair enough. I have a list of small glitches that need to be fixed. I also have a list of things that aren’t glitches but could be changed to increase the functionality of their app based on my experience with others. All constructive feedback should be welcomed.

Interesting glitch on one of my cameras. Everyday at 12:00 PM it takes a single photo. It could be that it catches some sun but it’s the same time stamp everyday.

Interesting glitch on one of my cameras. Everyday at 12:00 PM it takes a single photo. It could be that it catches some sun but it’s the same time stamp everyday.
Mine all do the same thing. I assumed I had it set to send a test photo daily but maybe it’s a glitch.

Mine all do the same thing. I assumed I had it set to send a test photo daily but maybe it’s a glitch.
I’ll have to thumb thru the settings . I don’t recall setting it up to do that.

I’ll have to thumb thru the settings . I don’t recall setting it up to do that.
I wonder if that’s part of the standard settings from the factory.