Reconyx Cellular

I spoke with Reconyx via email and they did confirm it will be revealed at the ATA show next week and it is expected to retail at 599.99.
That’s exciting. I’m sure it will be a solid unit.

I spoke with Reconyx via email and they did confirm it will be revealed at the ATA show next week and it is expected to retail at 599.99.
That’s exactly where I was hoping and assuming they would come in from a price perspective. I gave them a laundry list of features I’d like to see, including great app functionality and a shared data plan for multiple cameras. If they have good data options and solid app functionality I will hope to convert nearly all my cameras to these...and as such I hope to have a lot of regular cameras up for sale soon

If anyone gets feedback on details of the camera, data plans, features, etc at the ATA show please post them back here!

That’s exactly where I was hoping and assuming they would come in from a price perspective. I gave them a laundry list of features I’d like to see, including great app functionality and a shared data plan for multiple cameras. If they have good data options and solid app functionality I will hope to convert nearly all my cameras to these...and as such I hope to have a lot of regular cameras up for sale soon

If anyone gets feedback on details of the camera, data plans, features, etc at the ATA show please post them back here!
I’ll be investing in a few for more sensitive areas that I expect to have a mature deer or two in. They are expected to start shipping in spring according to Reconyx, hopefully there’s a pre order list available for us.

I’ll be investing in a few for more sensitive areas that I expect to have a mature deer or two in. They are expected to start shipping in spring according to Reconyx, hopefully there’s a pre order list available for us.
I shot them another email to see if there were any more details I could fish out. About 75% of my good camera locations are in places that I don’t want to set foot in after July. As such I haven’t had cameras in those areas...hoping the Reconyx lets me dial into those areas better.

I shot them another email to see if there were any more details I could fish out. About 75% of my good camera locations are in places that I don’t want to set foot in after July. As such I haven’t had cameras in those areas...hoping the Reconyx lets me dial into those areas better.
They are certainly the only camera that I’ll trust, an affordable cell cam from them is something I’ve been waiting for for a long long time. First trip into those honey holes can be to close in on a mature buck rather then check to see if he’s been there.

They are certainly the only camera that I’ll trust, an affordable cell cam from them is something I’ve been waiting for for a long long time. First trip into those honey holes can be to close in on a mature buck rather then check to see if he’s been there.
No doubt. I’ve been happy with my Spartan cell cameras, but they’ve only been deployed for 2 months so I don’t have the 8+ year track record of success with them like I do my reconyx. Even if the Reconyx have hiccups I’m confident that their support will make it right based on my previous experience eith that. I can’t say the same about my experience with Spartan’s customer service...it’s paled in comparison to Reconyx.

For those following, I reached back out to Reconyx to see if I could get anymore info. They can’t (or won’t) confirm a lot of things right now including pricing but I did get the following:
1) Main carrier supported will be Verizon. This is ideal for me but maybe not for all. They do plan to offer an interchangeable SIM card that would be compatible through other carriers, but my guess is you’d need to get your own plan as opposed to working through Reconyx.
2) Reconyx plans to have their own plan(s) that you can purchase from them. Nothing is finalized yet but at this time they’re planning to offer a combined data plan for users with multiple cameras. I think this is a must and passes along that feedback. An affordable combined plan would be a huge win here.
3) There will be an app but no details on the app functionality or camera control from said app. There will be cloud based access to pictures via the app.
4) Pricing hasn’t been set but they’re planning a “significant drop” from their current 1200 price point. 599 feels right to me. Less would be better (499) but even their HC500/600 were priced in this range with no cell ability.
5) The actual camera itself will have some substantial improvements over the current Hyperfire camera.
6) No real commitment on timing for launch. Sounds like they want to continue to test it out to make sure it’s ready before they release it, which is obviously smart. The good news is that they already have a cell camera so it’s not like they’re wholly unfamiliar with the space.

If you go on Reconyx Facebook page their tagged in a post from Bucks of Tecomate and they have a video uploaded with the new cell cam. It looks and sounds awesome I can’t wait to get my hands on a few.

If you go on Reconyx Facebook page their tagged in a post from Bucks of Tecomate and they have a video uploaded with the new cell cam. It looks and sounds awesome I can’t wait to get my hands on a few.

Well told me a lot that they wouldn’t tell me via email. They confirmed the 599.00 price point which is fine. I wish it was less but that’s totally insane. I was excited to hear its app based and functionality of the app. I was also excited about the data plans. Sounds like it’s a hybrid of pooled data and per camera charge. For those that didn’t watch the video, it’s 5.00 a month per camera and you get 2,000 pictures. The pictures are pooled among cameras though. So if you have 3 cameras it’s 15.00 a month for 6,000 pooled pictures. Not bad. Also excited to hear its hitting shelves in April. Finally an external power jack too...which is probably a must.

If anyone wants to buy a couple lightly used Spartan GoCams and some used Reconyx HC500/600s let me know.

Winner winner chicken dinner !