recent U of M Apple varieties

Sweetango & Cosmic Crisp - are they sweeter in taste, or do they have some "tang" / tart undertones??
Sweetango ripe from the tree is much different than the ones from the store ,, sweet with a Tangie finnish ,, dont know on cosmic crisp i do know that growers on the west coast have put in many millions of cosmic crisp in the last few years , with the shear volume you are going to hear alot for a long time ,, i have tasted the apple good but would love to try one fully ripe from the tree

Zestar is their best variety in my opinion. I’d love to get sweettango on MM111 or B118….or some Scion wood in my mailbox ;)

Zestar is their best variety in my opinion. I’d love to get sweettango on MM111 or B118….or some Scion wood in my mailbox ;)

I find a Prairie Magic to be very similar to Zestar.

My Zestar throws tons of scion. Let me know next winter if you don’t locate any. I assume there are no restrictions on sharing scion.??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not impressed with zestar. If it wasn‘t the first apple out I would pass. I guess that is why they keep planting so many varieties.

Sweetango & Cosmic Crisp - are they sweeter in taste, or do they have some "tang" / tart undertones??
I am not a taste expert but I would say the sweet tango is a little sweeter than honey crisp with a little tang at the end.