QDMA is to be no more.....

Sound like QDMA is continuing the course they started when they dumped the forum. To me, it looks like they just bought a mailing list for soliciting more funding. The moves they have made over the last few years have left a bad taste in the mouths of many. Maybe changing their name will help protect the guilty :emoji_grin:

The NDA is making a big mistake.

Maybe they should call the new organization World Whitetail Fund or WWF. Perhaps a Panda for a logo instead of a deer? :emoji_grin: Perhaps some late night commercials with haunting music and video of wide-eyed deer looking sad as they try to eat a cactus in a paved parking lot. Then shots of zombied kids sitting blank-faced in front of video games and some right-wing NRA actor like Charleston Heston narrating. "We will send you a t-shirt with the photo of a child that you have helped shoot their first deer to remind you of how your monthly gift is working....". Then small print you can't read on the bottom of the screen scrolls: "Of course, only 20 cents of every dollar you give makes it to the cause. The rest goes to marketing and management salaries."

I can see it now...

They won’t get any love from me after dumping the forum and ALL the content on it.

The least they could have done is archive the threads in text format. But, that goes against their “get in bed with snake oil salesman” mantra.

Too many people on there taught newbies like me how to do things without paying a company to print a picture of a nice buck on it. That was bad for QDMA’s bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it seemed like it all came down to money. Supporting companies were not happy with folks on the forum saying things like "There is no difference between SuperMegaBuck oats and bin oats when it comes to deer use". It came down to controlling the message. At least they gave us a little notice before closing down. I personally archived as many threads I participated in as I could and re-posted them here. That is why I have so many posts for the amount of time I've been using this forum. I put "transferred from QDMA form" in the title of all of them to make them easy to find. So, if you are lucky, you may find an old post of interest search this forum.

Thanks,

Jack

They won’t get any love from me after dumping the forum and ALL the content on it.

The least they could have done is archive the threads in text format. But, that goes against their “get in bed with snake oil salesman” mantra.

Too many people on there taught newbies like me how to do things without paying a company to print a picture of a nice buck on it. That was bad for QDMA’s bottom line.

^^^^^^^^^This

The old forum was a treasure trove of threads,ideas and many have made efforts to archive some of them here

Rather than an arena of ideas, QDMA publications are state run periodicals where the message is controlled

bill

They shown their true values before.....this is just another progression. They want to be a "special interest group".....they seek money and power. They proved to me that their passion was for sale a while back.... They now more than ever represent the one thing we already have too much of in our sport.....greed!

What??? No more magazine filled w corporate propaganda and plagiarized articles copied from the old forum?? Trying to salvage an already dying org.

On a quite positive note, I feel compelled to offer HUGE thanks to Bill and any/all others who got (and have kept) THIS forum going! Maybe just a sign of age, but the main memory I have of the forum "that shall not be named" was the pain of saving posts / finding a new landing place. Even if it were possible, and you asked me if I wanted to swap back to the "other" site I'd say, "HECK NO!"

Though sometimes feel just a wee bit like an oddball as one of the smaller group of "deep south" guys on this forum I actually like the forum layout AND CROWD better than ANY other forum I've visited!

One of the key people that made the QDMA forum work, at the displeasure of many who wanted to leverage it financially, was when a guy called "Lickcreek", aka "DblTree", also known as Paul Knox started to share his knowledge of farming & land mgmt. he dis-mystified so many things for all or us (chemicals, soils, real seed knowledge, etc.) that he upended the BOB seed strategy.

He taught us that sharing knowledge was more important than owning it. He simplified alot for us and blew the doors off many. Paul is no longer around, but I believe he was a strong impetus for the start of this site. A good man!

Don't worry about QDMA, they will simply become another pheasents/quail forever ... a free hat and glossy magazine for advertisers.

One of the key people that made the QDMA forum work, at the displeasure of many who wanted to leverage it financially, was when a guy called "Lickcreek", aka "DblTree", also known as Paul Knox started to share his knowledge of farming & land mgmt. he dis-mystified so many things for all or us (chemicals, soils, real seed knowledge, etc.) that he upended the BOB seed strategy.

He taught us that sharing knowledge was more important than owning it. He simplified alot for us and blew the doors off many. Paul is no longer around, but I believe he was a strong impetus for the start of this site. A good man!

Don't worry about QDMA, they will simply become another pheasents/quail forever ... a free hat and glossy magazine for advertisers.
Well said!

On a quite positive note, I feel compelled to offer HUGE thanks to Bill and any/all others who got (and have kept) THIS forum going! Maybe just a sign of age, but the main memory I have of the forum "that shall not be named" was the pain of saving posts / finding a new landing place. Even if it were possible, and you asked me if I wanted to swap back to the "other" site I'd say, "HECK NO!"

Though sometimes feel just a wee bit like an oddball as one of the smaller group of "deep south" guys on this forum I actually like the forum layout AND CROWD better than ANY other forum I've visited!

I am far north of you, but I am always more intrigued by how things go in other areas of the US, then in my own area.

Good news is that almost all of LC’s threads can be found in several locations on the internet. Enough people realized how truly directional his words were that they won’t be lost.

What I do miss the most of that old forum is just how broad the expertise was. Most of that is captured here, which is an amazing feat, but there are some guys that went different ways. Some even just disappeared from habitat forums altogether.

It really does frustrate me to see an organization turn so against what they were founded as. It almost makes me sick.

Wonder what will happen if I still have subscription left

Paul had a great moral compass, loved to help others, and was no stranger to controversy because of it. Many of us learned a lot from him. While his techniques work best in the north where he developed them, they are very adaptable and adapted versions work well in my area as well.

Wonder what will happen if I still have subscription left

While they eventually stopped sending me the magazine a year or so after my membership was not renewed, I'm still on their email list. They sent out an email and said existing memberships will be continued.

Thanks,

Jack