Property/Neighborhood Review NE Wi

Does the blonde come with it? If so I'd jump on it!.
It looks like great land to me. Mix of hard and softwood, low lands. Bonus to me if there is true marsh in there...but then I prefer duck hunting !
Cabin and shed look great looks to be well kept. I'd jump on it if I were you.

Since I'm from the hills and hollers of missouri, what is low ground? Flood plane area?

Its swamp / marsh... I wouldn't call it a flood plane in the Missouri sense. (Missouri when it rains hard and all the run off from the hills swell the creeks and rivers creating flood planes). Low ground ( Swamp/Marsh) in Wisconsin is usually always wet, but doesn't flood to the extreme like in Missouri.

Looks like a nice property to me. Swamp bucks in that place for sure. Access and entry to stand locations might be hard.

I am no fan of swamps but they serve a purpose. Very nice house and outbuilding. You have electric, well and septic already in place which is a big plus. Taxes seemed reasonable. Worth further investigating in my book. You might want to walk it at different times of the year also if possible.

WDNR surface water data viewer shows that it's mostly delineated wetland and wetland indicator....except the spot right around the cabin and pole shed. I can't get these maps to print with all the data layers because my internet connection is too slow to work with their servers....but this map shows what is or could be considered a wetland. (pink has indicator species, the delineated wetlands are the areas without trees basically)

8.5x11%20Landscape_zpsjv28bkwv.jpg

I think your paying for the house and barn which look top notch. The woods look so so and not much for pictures of deer on camera. I do like the blonde

I am a little surprised at how few trusses were used on the pole shed. I guess I haven't looked at those enough to know if that spacing is common.

Couple more maps. That's a lot of wetland. Not used to seeing that where I come from. Roughly 58% of the property is cathro muck and roughly 22% is seeleyville muck. That soil map does look like some vehicle tracks going through the middle of it though. Is food plotting something you're interested in, and can it be done on that type of ground? Sure looks interesting. I like the amenities.

EK000030.JPG STC_0052.JPG

I am a little surprised at how few trusses were used on the pole shed. I guess I haven't looked at those enough to know if that spacing is common.

I'm with you here. I'd check on local codes. Might work for me where I am, but I'm not sure about the snow loads in WI..

I bet most of it is almost flooded right now. Last fall it was real wet up here so I bet they decided to pull the plug if this has happened before

Listing history from Zillow.com

Price History
DATE EVENT PRICE $/SQFT SOURCE
03/01/17 Listed for sale $289,000 $231 UNITED COUNTRY...
08/31/16 Listing removed $289,000 $231 --
06/02/16 Listed for sale $289,000-3.6% $231 Owner
03/09/16 Listing removed $299,900 $239 Assist 2 Sell ...

Looks like a lots of wet.... I know the area. Mission lake area is good in general but that looks like you would be paying for a lot of land you wouldnt be able to improve or hunt. something to think hard about. Deer may love swamps for cover but for what percentage of the season and do you like swamps in the summer? one word.... BUGS. How are you going to access the other areas without alerting all the other deer? Swamps in the fall with crust ice are noisier than an EDM concert

I drove by there last night and couldn't see a lot from the road but it does look like all areas run down there.

If I were independently wealthy and could afford 500 acres around there I think it would be great for a sanctuary. Unfortunately I am not and think I will be passing on this property. Sure wish it was nicer woods with that cabin and shed.

Oh well. Thanks for all the input guys. I really do appreciate it. My kids are getting older and I want them to have the hunting experience. I need to make sure I don't rush it and buy a lemon.