Please help me guestimate the age these bucks

willy

5 year old buck +
IMG_3198.JPGIMG_3183.JPGIMG_3200.JPGIMG_3201.JPG
I'm torn between 3 and 4. The below two pics are from Jan. 9, 2018 and December 25, 2018. I was sure he was 3 last year but I would like your opinions. Thank you.
IMAG1008.JPGIMG_10119.jpg

thumbnail_T_00002 (1.jpgthumbnail_T_00002.jpgthum.jpg
Disregard date of cedar cam pic. I believe him to be 3.5. What do you think. Thank you.

Attachments

• thumbnail_T_00006 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_T_00006 (1).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 10
3.5 all is my useless vote. All have long looking legs.

Camera 12 is a booner in a year or two. He’s got it going on...!!

Nothing wrong with taking him now. Unless you want to roll the dice. I always say the same thing. If you never see him again and that’s ok....roll them. If not....take him.

Ant ranch is a good one too. Young and healthy..
Same story be ready to never see him again or take him.

Most look 3.5 years old. Some muscle and bulk but long & lean through neck to mid section. Head has not crowned out. Some up & comers if they get another year or two.

My best guess falls in line with the prevailing thoughts above, 3.5 years old.

Where I hunt, some bucks can make to 2.5 years old. But a 3.5 year old buck has had some luck on his side and is not likely to make it past too many hunters (me included). Those are some nice deer.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. They are some great bucks already but I try to let them get to 4 on this place. It has worked out in the past on several bucks but also has been a bust on as many if not more bucks with them not being seen again standing on their feet. If I confidently feel a buck is 4 or more they are what we go after and let the rest walk.

Again thank you. More thoughts and opinions are always welcome.