All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please age this buck

bornagain62511

5 year old buck +
please give me your estimate of the age of this buck. And please give a gross score estimate, he is a clean 6X6 12 point typical.

And also, please comment on if you think it's possible if he is the same buck I saw and got pictures of in 2016 (mainframe 5X5 10 point typical also seen below)? His antler frame is very similar to the buck in 2016, but he doesn't look all that old to me in the photos from this year, considering that he would be 3 years older than he was in the photos taken in 2016. time stamp dates are correct, pictures from this year and 2016
thanks!

resized EK000114.jpgresizedEK000136.jpgresizedEK000137.jpgresizedEK000263.jpgresizedIM000025.jpgresized IM000043.jpg

4.5 yo upper 150's low 160's I don't claim to be an expert in either area but like to play the game

5.5 years old, 170" now.

by the way, the pictures from 2016 were taken in the same spot as the pictures from this year.

So do you think it is the same buck from 2016? I'm trying to figure out if it's the same deer or not so I know whether or not to try shooting him. If it's the same deer, he's definitely on my shoot list because I know he's fully mature by now. If it's not the same deer, I might consider giving him a pass depending on what others think his age is

thanks again

164 gross

Nice deer and the same deer as 2016. Let me know how close I was when you harvest him. Good luck.

Last edited:
164 gross

Nice deer and the same deer as 2016. Let me know how close I was when you harvest him. Good luck.

Thanks! If I get him I will definitely have his teeth aged by cemtenum analysis and report back here!

Oh and this is Southwestern Wisconsin driftless area in case you're wondering for aging purposes

6.5 yrs old. Thats him from 2016. I think he'll gross 169". Dandy!

Sorry that things are so slow around here. We’re hunting, sleeping and eating. He’s darn good one.

Choot him. :)

5+ 160s. Also has a bunch of cool ring hangers on his bases. Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Light snow falling as I head to the treestand this morning! Good luck to you all!

Unfortunately he might have broken off his left G-3 tine. Take a look at these photos and let me know if you think this is the same buck. Sorry it's really hard to tell. this is an older camera and the flash is not nearly as bright as the newer cameras. this camera is about 300 yards from the camera which took the photos above.

resized IM000019.jpgresized IM000020.jpg

Any thoughts on the previous post? think this is the same buck? Not the best photos and he doesn't look as big, but the shape of the frame and looks similar and looks ike he has a G-1, G-2, G-3 (broken), G-4 and G-5 on the left side which is pretty uncommon around here, and the camera is hung about 7 feet up on a tree, angled down so that might make him look smaller, and the flash is so dark on this camera

Same buck, very mature, score close to 170 with all the tines intact.