Ozone Clothing shed

I think one of the best uses for an ozone generator is for hunts where you aren't under control of the place that you'll be lodging. I've spent some nights in motel rooms that had all kinds of odors. Places that I cringed to bring any of my gear into. Ozone is just the ticket for those places.

Don't really travel to hunt much anymore but that's a great point if you do.

Bill, you've got me thinking. Looks like I will be spending more money soon. I built a "closet" in my garage a couple of years ago and had considered this but now I think I will do it. It looks like an easy way to store all of my gear. Besides, my garage is a little full now anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Bill, you've got me thinking. Looks like I will be spending more money soon. I built a "closet" in my garage a couple of years ago and had considered this but now I think I will do it. It looks like an easy way to store all of my gear. Besides, my garage is a little full now anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to help

Has anyone who use the ozone bags or ozone for clothes had a problem with damaging the clothes? I have heard that can happen. I just don't want to put any expensive clothes in it if they will damage.

Ray

Has anyone who use the ozone bags or ozone for clothes had a problem with damaging the clothes? I have heard that can happen. I just don't want to put any expensive clothes in it if they will damage.

Ray

yes. Natural rubber doesn’t like ozone. I’ve lost elasticity in the waist band of some long Johns and a pair of rubber lacross boots. All over 10 years old so I’m sure age helped.

I’ll buy new boots every few years before I give up the ozone.

yes. Natural rubber doesn’t like ozone. I’ve lost elasticity in the waist band of some long Johns and a pair of rubber lacross boots. All over 10 years old so I’m sure age helped.

I’ll buy new boots every few years before I give up the ozone.

Thanks Bill.

...I’ll buy new boots every few years before I give up the ozone.
^^^ This, definitely.
I think using O3 on boots just might be the best thing I've done to reduce odor busts.
Heck, I would buy a new pair of boots every year if that's the price of using O3.
No such thing as trail odor anymore.

...I’ll buy new boots every few years before I give up the ozone.
^^^ This, definitely.
I think using O3 on boots just might be the best thing I've done to reduce odor busts.
Heck, I would buy a new pair of boots every year if that's the price of using O3.
No such thing as trail odor anymore.

I am in the same boat, mine usually last 3 years wearing them strictly for deer hunting only. Doesn’t matter the brand the third year they are usually not waterproof any longer. One thing that seems to help is letting the clothes air out after running ozone on them. After treating clothes I will open the lid on the tote for a bit and wave the lid a couple of times outside seems to save the elastic on stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tap
I am in the same boat, mine usually last 3 years wearing them strictly for deer hunting only. Doesn’t matter the brand the third year they are usually not waterproof any longer. One thing that seems to help is letting the clothes air out after running ozone on them. After treating clothes I will open the lid on the tote for a bit and wave the lid a couple of times outside seems to save the elastic on stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, air-out stuff after you've treated it and the O3 won't degrade elastic and rubber as quickly. Don't store your gear in an O3 environment.
I like to treat mine shortly before I hunt. Once the ozone treats the clothes the bacteria is dead, and it's good to go. No need to leave it in O3 for an extended period.