Gonna build a shed...

I've had my shed for 15 years now......and had some concerns when buying the shed about durability of the ridge lites. But, I've never had a problem or a leak. I really like the light I get from front to back with the panels. My building was by Cleary.....and the sales rep said they had no issues. Not sure if they are fiberglass? I think the ridge vent and light was all in a package deal??.....but dont really remember anymore. The panels are only a foot wide on either side of my ridge vent. Was not an expensive option.

I did like the Cleary posts.....which are 3 - 2x6" boards laminated together. All those in the bottom are treated. NO warpage whatsoever. Insulated door is a must. Walk door is a must too.

Also....Cleary put the ridge joists on the 2" "edges" to provide better strength. Most lay them on the 4" side. They offered some other advantages.....including a decent price at the time.

I may have some high awning type or slider windows put into my back wall to allow better flow-thru ventilation. I"m just not sure how I would operate them.....(anybody got a solution?). I would not let this item slip by me if I were building again. On a day like today....it's stifling to work in my shed.....even with fans on.
Thanks for all the good info, Foggy(and everyone else). Could you still put your second overhead door in? That would probably do better than any windows could.

It is 85, and full sun here today, in my shop, with no ac, it is 67 degrees, just well insulated, and I try to keep the doors closed as much as possible. I also avoid driving in hot vehicles in the shop, I let them cool off outside before I run them in during the summer.

It is 85, and full sun here today, in my shop, with no ac, it is 67 degrees, just well insulated, and I try to keep the doors closed as much as possible. I also avoid driving in hot vehicles in the shop, I let them cool off outside before I run them in during the summer.
This makes a big difference in my shop. I also let mine cool off outside, otherwise they bring the temp up quite a bit.

Pex in floor, HD poly styrene under the concrete, wide overhangs or as mentioned lean to sides, build it to insulate it even if you dont think you will ever and build it 2x as big as you want that way it will only end up being half as big as you actually needed.
A big enough panel for all those outlets everyone is talking about, Outlet(s) on the exterior, wired for 220 for a welder, LED lighting - seen a number of shops with LED side lighting down low, decent exterior lighting